PDA

View Full Version : No go, Steelhead Fishing clearwater.

Ken Jones
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Those of us planning on going fishing on the Clearwater out of Orofino forget it. The Main river is blown out do to rain. Right know there running 8000PSI out of Dworshack Dam. I was told that they were going to slow down the flow over the week ends, Wrong. There running 8000PSI threw, Tuesday of next week then raising it to 10,000PSI for the next too weeks. So my plans have been changed. Going to try to locate crappie at CJ Strike or Purch or do a little trolling for trout.

BigggCountry
03-19-2012, 09:56 PM
My buddies and I fished the South Fork of the Clearwater for the past 3 days and the river was way high and way muddy of Saturday. By Saturday night it was starting to clear up and continued to do so. It was still stained this afternoon when we left, but we still managed to hook 24 between the 3 of us. I've had better weekends, but it was nice to just drive from spot to spot and fish. Wasn't very many people up there. We fished manly up towards Mt Idaho. That's were the cleanest water was

BlueBack79
03-20-2012, 01:41 AM
you dont fish the falls do you?

redmanjr1
03-21-2012, 01:45 AM
We were in Moscow this last weekend and the Little Salmon River was raging big time. All waters we drove by were way way up. Saw a few people trying to fish on Sunday but not sure how they were doing. My guess is not well.

After it snowed half the day today I'm officially ready for the warm weather to come our way. Not counting on it just yet though.

Bob