PDA

View Full Version : Fished Horse Shoe lake (Clearwood-Yelm)

KokChris
03-17-2012, 10:47 PM
This particular Horse Shoe is a small lake inside of a large private gated area near Yelm,Wa. Not the Horse Shoe you may have thought. If you are familiar with Clearlake in that area then chances are you have been within a stones throw of this one and never known it was there. Not to be mistaken for Blue lake (a tributary to Clearlake) Any way, I had to run out there to save my GF from a dead car battery. So I grabbed a buddy and his son and threw some gear in the truck. When we finally arrived to Clearwood (gated community) 45min later the weather had miraculously changed from snow/rain to SUN!!! YES, SUN!!tooexcited We charged the battery (reason we went) and hurried to the lake. Grabbed some last minute gear from my Dads place (on the lake) and started soaking lines. Within 10 minutes I had a nibble that resulted in the first fish of the lake season 2012 :) After that it was all tight lines for me. Unfortunately my buddy and his son had no such luck. I gave them every honey hole I could think of but for some reason MY line was always being being stripped of the reel! So I had his son commandeer my new Tica KLEA and he shortly landed his first FAT rainbow of the season as well. Caught em' on powerbait dipped in smelly jelly. Nothing fancy. Didnt even need the boat.signfishin
-Chris

eenakoK
03-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Very nice!