PDA

View Full Version : new "non kokanee" boat

BlueBack79
03-17-2012, 08:32 PM
probably won't be much help for the kokes, but this sucker should be fun for the steelhead & salmon. been wanting one for a long time and made a SMOKIN' deal on it this afternoon. pick it up monday. just need to learn to row the damn thing nowlaugh hyst

eenakoK
03-17-2012, 09:03 PM
Very nice. Until I have my present boat my dad and I decked his drift boat out with downriggers and used that for a season

metalheadgene
03-17-2012, 09:59 PM
Well played Blue.....

BlueBack79
03-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Very nice. Until I have my present boat my dad and I decked his drift boat out with downriggers and used that for a season

i guess i could. i plan on using my t8 on it at times and i do have a couple scotty electrics. probably just fish kokes with my pops out of his boat though. gonna try and drift a section of the boise next weekend. need to get some rowing in and see how it handles. these are all new to me.

eenakoK
03-17-2012, 11:20 PM
Again, very nice and enjoy it!

sawtooth
03-18-2012, 12:55 AM
Looks like a winner of a boat Blueback. I would take it out on the lake and get a feel for the oars. I don't know if you have seen the Boise in the last couple of days, but with all the rain recently it is a death trap with lots of strainers and is moving at a pretty good clip. Anyway, congrats on a nice looking boat and good fishing.

BlueBack79
03-18-2012, 02:43 AM
theres a pretty tame stretch from lansing down about a mile, which im looking at. but i hear you. i wont be putting in if i feel uncertain about it. its crazy what a week of rain will do. most rivers are ripping right now. some new high flow records set on a few of them too.

sawtooth
03-18-2012, 01:15 PM
It would be about a five minute float to go one mile down the river between the Glenwood Bridge and Eagle Bridge in west Boise. laugh hystlaugh hyst

BlueBack79
03-18-2012, 01:37 PM
maybe i should launch upstream and be the first boat to float through the new whitewater park. my luck, i'd get hung up on the concrete and be the first boat to sink going through the new whitewater park. ha ha ha!!

BlueBack79
03-21-2012, 12:11 AM
gonna float from marsing to homedale instead. theyre letting out more on the boise. i believe up to 5k. probably not the safest first drift.

good call on the boise, sawtoothworthy12

sawtooth
03-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Sounds like a good call. Have fun in your new ride.

BlueBack79
03-26-2012, 02:43 PM
made the drift saturday. glad i didnt hit the boise. i'm not quite as coordinated with oars as i thought i'd be. picked it up pretty quick, but still have a lot of practice needed. didnt bring much for fishing gear, but talked to a couple guys anchored about 1 1/2 miles below the marsing bridge and they said they were killing the cats.

sawtooth
03-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Glad the maiden voyage was a success. With a bit more practice you will be running those Salmon River Class 3's in no time. Look out steelies.