PDA

View Full Version : Quick-hitting hot tip exchange

TopFuelKokanee
10-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Like to hear some of your fishing tips or secrets, but in bullet form. For instance:
a)I sneeze on my lure before I put it in the water.
b)I put bells on my fishing rod so I don't have to watch it for a bite.
c)My favorite scent comes from (fill in the blank)
d)My favorite tip is to not tell anyone my favorite tip.
Just keep it simple. Bring 'em on!

MackPrince
10-13-2008, 04:29 PM
1- Early to bed early to rise, fish like ---- and make up lies
2- Tell the truth to other fishermen they'll think you're lying
3- Turn your cell phone off. Don't miss the fish of your life because of a call from your wife.
4- Be serious... at work.

Full_Monte
10-13-2008, 04:49 PM
1. Put the plug in the boat BEFORE launching
2. Remove boat-to-trailer cinch straps before launching.
3. Don't have your wife direct your trailer-backing down the launch ramp.
4. Carry a stuffed fish about 20 lbs size in the boat that you can show all the trollers out on the lake as you pass within shouting distance. It inspires them!
5. If the fish don't bite, stop at Safeway on the way home to buy some. Maybe then your wife won't mention how much money you spent on boat and gear.

TopFuelKokanee
10-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Great start guys...keep 'em comingthumbsup

Petty4life
10-13-2008, 05:28 PM
1-That ain't yours put it down.
2-If i have to tell you again to quit playing with it in going to knock the $h!t out of ya
3-Git-er-done son

Kokaholic
10-13-2008, 10:58 PM
1. Just shut up and Fish!
2. put your pole down and leave it alone. You cant catch fish always playing with your pole.
3. Hey son, Go get your grandpa a beer!
4. Are you just gonna watch that fish hit your line all day?
5.If Your waiting to feel the bite, its to late!
6.You cant catch fish laying in bed.
7.Well............. I got four, you got three, let's go home!
8. You fish like a girl.

SilverBullets
10-14-2008, 10:30 PM
1. Eat smoked kokanee while kokanee fishing.
2. Remember to take the plastic hook protector off your buddy's lure...it was an accident, I swear!
3. Be ready for strange looks at the store when you ask if they have any carp spit.
4. Cob webs hanging off you rod while trolling might be a sign.
5. Why is it when you go to the other side of the lake where all the other boats are fishing, by the time you get there, all the other boats are now on the side you just came from?

SilverBullets
10-17-2008, 11:14 PM
This is a good thread, so to keep it going I'll throw in a couple more...
1. This one actually happened a couple years ago...You know it's a slow day when your out in the middle of the lake trolling and you look up to check your rod and there's a bird taking a rest on the tip of it! I know the rod hadn't moved in a while, but come on...give me a break! I guess the bird needed a breather before flying to the other side of the lake, glad I could help the little fella out.
2. While looking for the "k" fly mentioned in Dave Biser's kokanee book, I checked with a couple local fly shops. Since they only deal with barb-less hooks on their flies, you should have seen the expression on their faces when I said I was looking for a fly with barbs... and a treble trailer! My tip here is to find them on line!
3. Another tip is when you call in sick on your way fishing, don't stop and call along a busy country road. When they pick up the phone it's usually about the time a semi rolls by and your manager at work asks what was that? You might have some explaining to do the next day...
4. My last tip is if you see a kokanee going berserk on the surface behind the boat, look at your rod!

TopFuelKokanee
10-17-2008, 11:30 PM
1)Beware of predator birds - we lost a fish near the boat this year and before it got away an eagle swooped down and grabbed it. It was cool to watch.
2)Do not leave the task of netting the fish to the least experienced fisherman.
3)If you put your fish on a stringer make sure the stringer is attached to the boat.

Petty4life
10-17-2008, 11:33 PM
dont put your net on the binimi chances are you will forget it and it will blow off at high speedslaugh hystlaugh hystlaugh hyst

SilverBullets
10-18-2008, 06:58 PM
1. Never... NEVER forget the Tabasco sauce for the sandwiches!
2. Never be downwind when the garlic scented corn gets opened up!
3. Never think you won't have a fish on when your pants are down to your ankles getting rid of the morning coffee!
4. Never get the idea that the last fish is gonna be easy to get!
5. Never think you have enough lures!

Petty4life
10-18-2008, 07:13 PM
bait your own hook
clean your ouw fish
tell your own liestongue2

halojm
10-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Sounds like you are speaking from experience again.
Cheers

Kokaholic
10-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Why is your pants clear down to your ankles just to get rid of the morning Coffee? DOH!

SilverBullets
10-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Why is your pants clear down to your ankles just to get rid of the morning Coffee? DOH!

I guess I was thinking more of when the long johns come off! Hey, it wasn't me who had that ball dragging problem, I swear!laugh hyst

Kokaholic
10-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Glad you clarified that one. had me spooked for a minute:D

Full_Monte
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
dont put your net on the binimi chances are you will forget it and it will blow off at high speedslaugh hystlaugh hystlaugh hyst

Buy a net that floats if you've already used your bimini as a place to store your net.

Kokonuts
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM
I have to agree with Monte #1 is dont forget the plug in the back of the boat!! Especially when your wife is on the dock with a CAMERA!
I hate it when she posted them on the internet!!!!laugh hyst laugh hyst

Petty4life
10-24-2008, 03:20 PM
I have to agree with Monte #1 is dont forget the plug in the back of the boat!! Especially when your wife is on the dock with a CAMERA!
I hate it when she posted them on the internet!!!!laugh hyst laugh hyst

I want to see that Picture. LOLlaugh hystlaugh hyst