PDA

View Full Version : clearwater report

BlueBack79
03-12-2012, 10:26 PM
fish are still biting. saturday was great. couldnt have asked for better weather. fish rolling all over. we went 5 for 6 that day between kamiah and orofino. yesterday the weather turned south. tough fishing. ended up with a couple on the nf, right below the dam. heres a few pics.

Ken Jones
03-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Looks like five mile and picture at the Dworshack entrance. Nice going. Planning on going up the 18th and coming home the 21st of March. Will decide later.

BlueBack79
03-13-2012, 09:03 PM
a couple guys said the nf was slowing down, but we saw a ton caught at the dam. decided to come back right before dark on sunday and try it. no way was i getting in the middle of that combat during the day...i would have ended up in jail tooexcited five mile was hot for a few hours sat. morning then died off. came back that evening and pulled one more out. had a couple other buddies fishing scotts grove that weekend. the ended up with six. heard the sf was pretty hot on saturday too.

BlueBack79
03-16-2012, 12:08 AM
ken, if you fish the n.f., you may want to think twice about keeping anything. the hen i kept had some color, but looked in good shape. slit her open and ALL the eggs tumbled out. fillet it and the meat looked horrible. super pale with no color. dont think she's gonna taste too good, even smoked. but, i kept her so i'll do my duty and choke her down...regardlesstongue2

Ken Jones
03-17-2012, 09:40 PM
ken, if you fish the n.f., you may want to think twice about keeping anything. the hen i kept had some color, but looked in good shape. slit her open and ALL the eggs tumbled out. fillet it and the meat looked horrible. super pale with no color. dont think she's gonna taste too good, even smoked. but, i kept her so i'll do my duty and choke her down...regardlesstongue2

Most of the fish we caught were males still pretty bright. The females eggs were still in egg clusters. When we catch females this time of year we squeeze them a little bit, if eggs pop out we release her back. Thats the way we do it and it seems to work out. Just thought, I would pass along. Oh buy the way I have found out during the week there running the turbones at 8000 PSI. On week ends there running it down to 1500PSI. So thats the time to fish the Northfork. Leaving thursday to go back to Dworshack and fish the this weekend and come home. Later-Ken

BlueBack79
03-18-2012, 02:38 AM
good luck ken. hope all this weather and cold fronts dont foul it up. post up when you get back.

Ken Jones
03-31-2012, 11:07 PM
I didn't go up to Orafino because of the high water. Leaving the 8 of April for Stanley after steelies, will give a report when I get back.

Rafting4fun
04-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Just got back from Challis. Caught one steelie and another almost to net on Sat morning. Later on that day the wind came up and it started raining. Rained most of the night. Nxt Am (Sun) river rose almost a 1 and 1/2 feet and stained. Fished hard for 4 hours with zero bumps. Should be picking up soon...