1/4 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 eggs (blend together)
3/4 cup catsup
1/8 cup worcester
a few shakes of tobasco
a few shakes of pepper
a few shakes of garlic powder

after mixing above ingredients put in two 8" x 3 3/4" loaf pans and pack tight.
layer strips of bacon on top cut to fit the width of the pans.
bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes

while the meatloaf is cooking it's time to make the sauce mix...
1 1/2 cups catsup
2 tbls. yellow mustard
1 cup brown sugar
mix and heat in sauce pan

take meatloaf out of oven after around 45 minutes and cut sections halfway through. Now add above sauce mix and return meatloaf to oven to finish off the cooking time and enjoy!

SuperD
03-12-2012, 11:16 AM
I have a very similar recipe but the topping sauce has one additional ingredient, maple syrup. Meat loaf, make it for dinner with mashed potatoes but love it for the meat loaf sandwiches the next day!

Mharri333
05-28-2013, 03:34 PM
I use a very similar recipe but I added a kicker... Use two pounds of hamburger and one pound of maple flavored Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage and add a couple squirts of maple syrup into the meat mix before cooking. I also use the thick cut maple bacon on the top. It will blow you away how much better it is...

SilverBullets
05-28-2013, 04:49 PM
I use a very similar recipe but I added a kicker... Use two pounds of hamburger and one pound of maple flavored Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage and add a couple squirts of maple syrup into the meat mix before cooking. I also use the thick cut maple bacon on the top. It will blow you away how much better it is...

Thanks for the tip Mharri333 and welcome to the forum!! thumbsup

chriswelsh98
06-07-2013, 06:10 AM
Now I know on how to make a meatloaf. I am spending some times finding a recipe on how to make it. Thanks for sharing there recipe here. I hope that I can make it.