PDA

View Full Version : Bear Lake 3-09-2012

Bduck
03-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Now that nice warmer weather has made it appearance here, I managed to slip out for the day Friday at Bear Lake. As I came down the hill with the lake in view, I could tell where the ice was and where open water was. The ice was a very thin layer on most of the lake that was easily broken up going across. The state park marina was open for launching but I opted to travel to Cisco Beach area and lanch out of there. There is 2 available sites to launch in that area. With a full moon in process, I didn't expect the bite to be great. I managed 1 nice 4lb Cutthroat for the day. I did have something that hit my rod as if it were to take it out of the holder but it was my loss. It was a very nice day with no wind to speak of even with temps starting out about 18F. The sun quickley warmed up into the 30's. A couple of more trips will be set soon now that the moon is on the down swing. Its going to be nice to go in the middle of the week now that I don't have to work anymore.

SmokeOnTheWater
03-11-2012, 09:17 PM
So Roger, You finally pulled the plug?! Did you get the incentive? Hope so.

By the way, NICE CUTT!

Metal Manipulator
03-11-2012, 09:46 PM
Very nice Cuthroat!

Bduck
03-11-2012, 10:19 PM
So Roger, You finally pulled the plug?! Did you get the incentive? Hope so.

By the way, NICE CUTT!

Tried twice for the incentitive-notta. Its all about fishing now.

smokepoles
03-12-2012, 10:44 PM
Pretty fish. I'm pretty sure I passed you and your boat on Logan Main street Friday afternoon about 4:30. I was jealous.

Bduck
03-13-2012, 09:09 AM
Pretty fish. I'm pretty sure I passed you and your boat on Logan Main street Friday afternoon about 4:30. I was jealous.

You probably did. That was about the time I came off of the mountain. Was hoping for another trip there soon but weather picture is bleak with winds and wintery setting coming back in for a few days.

smokepoles
03-14-2012, 06:03 PM
Great, keep us posted when you get back on the water. I don't know too much about Bear Lake and best time to fish it other than what I can read and any reports. I have only fished Bear Lake once from my boat last fall, but my bird hunting had taken priority and we were too late for the bite that had been happening a week earlier.