PDA

View Full Version : ArrowRockin

BigggCountry
03-10-2012, 10:50 PM
The day started out terrible!!! On the way to the lake my buddies G Loomis blew out of the boat and shattered on the highway. After launching the boat we headed directly across the lake and had the 1st of 9 kokes hooked up. It fell to a Echip dodger and a green hoochie. The next 3 we taken on a UV watermelon dodger and a uv pink hootchie. We don't have down riggers so we use line counters and 2.5 oz trolling weights. We started with 72ft set back and ended the day with 102ft. Even tho we only landed 4 of the 9 we hooked it was a good day on the lake. We did land 4 trout too

Trollin-Fools
03-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Did you have to deal with many squwfish?

BigggCountry
03-11-2012, 11:08 PM
We didn't catch any squaws. Although during the mid day lull would have been nice to catch something. We really struggle when the lake goes flat and the sun gets hi in the sky.

Ken Jones
03-17-2012, 10:05 PM
This time of year I would concintrait on the South Fork. This time of year is when I caught some of my biggest trout trolling. Were talking four and 5 pound fish. Troll up south fork about two miles and troll oppisite side on way down. Thomas cyclone and Kastmaster 1/4oz. only trolling pretty slow. Also the mouth of the middle fork produces so pretty dam nice fish. 50 yrs of experience, I should 50 plus years.

Ruko
03-29-2012, 07:59 PM
Ken I have a question if you don't mind. When trolling for trout up in the South Fork section are flashers and dodgers advised? Also, about how deep are the trout right now. Thanks in advance, just learning the new area.