PDA

View Full Version : LP and Arrowrock

jimbojump
03-07-2012, 10:01 AM
So I hit LP on Sunday and trolled for Kokes and trout for 4 hours without a single tap, much less a fish on....so we said screw it and loaded back up and trudged thru the craptastic mud rut that is the road to Arrowrock....ander after a ton of sliding and sloshing, we put in finding about 15 boats on the lake and barely any parking available...good sign I suppose...so cruised around for a couple hours tweaking my new FF and such and finally located some fish. So after a long two months of abso crap fishing they appear to be ready to play again....final tally was around a dozen trout...4 kokes...so all in all great day!

idaho_Grizz
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
longlining or Downrigrers

jimbojump
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
DR's....we were using a stacker sytem for the first time so we had one at 28 and one 18 and usually the second dr had 2-3 foot diff so all lines were staggered...one time I actually got one koke at 28 landed it and before I could rebait the second one at 18 lit up...nice kokes too...

Fish On!!!
03-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Nice. were you catching the trout on koke gear also? I will go try it Sunday thanks for the post.

jimbojump
03-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah...the wierd thing is I only catch alot of trout on Koke gear in Arrowrock...still have yet to catch a single trout at LP on the same gear. Went to Arrow yesterday for a few hours only, caught like 5 trout but all were around 12" so all went swimming again...it was gangbusters for about 30 minutes then turned off...not sure why...then couldnt buy a bite. LOL

Fish On!!!
03-10-2012, 01:11 PM
You and I are polar opposites, I catch trout and kokes at LP on koke gear and nothing at Arrowrock but squaw fish.