PDA

View Full Version : Dworshak

sthoge
03-06-2012, 03:43 PM
Anybody fish Dworshak? We are planning a trip there in the middle of may and it would be nice to have an idea of where and what to fish for this lake.

Thanks,

Riverrunner
03-06-2012, 11:27 PM
May is a tough time. The water level is often rising quickly and very cold. the fish will be scattered and inconsistent. Sorry for the report, hope you hit it on a good day.

sthoge
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Well, we made our trip down and Saturday (5/12) was pretty slow, started out in Canyon Creek bay, hooked a small Bull trout, no other action. Then picked up and went up to the dam and we were able to hook into a couple of rainbow trout, but no Kokes. Then Sunday afternoon, we went back to the dam and had hooked a couple of trout and 6 Kokes. Then Monday we went out in the morning and saw another couple that seemed to be hooking more than we were and I saw that they were using larger spooned rigs than what we were using, so we switched and started getting a lot more hits. We ended the day with two rainbows and 9 kokes. Then along came Tuesday, fishing wasn't extremely hot, but we were getting a lot of steady hits. Fished all day and managed to land 6 big fat rainbow and 38 kokanee. Most of the kokes were around 10 to 12 inches. We decided not to fish yesterday as we had to come home. While we were there since Friday, the lake had risen around 3 to 4 feet, so it is coming up fast and has a lot of debris in the water.

D_Luck
06-18-2012, 06:33 PM
Im from down in Mtn Home, I am meeting my grand dad and my son from Spokane for a summer trip at Dworshak this coming weekend. I have never fished it before and I am looking for some advice on trolling for kokes or trout because thats what my grand dad likes to do and some idea for fast action to entertain my son.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Private message me if you would like.

Thanks all

kodiak1
06-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Hey, 38 kokes in a single day sounds pretty good to me! Thanks for a detailed report. Mike

sthoge
06-19-2012, 03:11 PM
We were trolling long lines (around 70 to 100 feet)out the back using a 1 ounce weight, followed by a 5 large spoon rig that had white prism tape on them, then with a red/green wedding ring with about 18 inches of leader. We used white maggots for bait trolling around 1.2 to 1.5 mph.

D_Luck
06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
Thank you sthoge