PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Peak

kodiak1
03-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I finally got to go for a drive yesterday after recent foot surgery, and headed up to L.P. to check things out. Talked to two boats that had come in, and it wasn't good!! One had fished most of the day for one strike, and the other had picked up a couple of trout drifting and anchor fishing. It was a good that I decided to go up there. One boat broke down, and drifted across the lake. Just as I was leaving, I thought I saw them waving a white object. I waited for the only other boat on the lake to come in, and sent them over there. Sure enough, they had broken down. Could easily have been over there all night. They had a whistle, but I had specifically listened to hear something and could not hear it. I recommended the first thing he do is to buy an air horn. Anyway, I will be able to use my boat in a couple of weeks, and am I ready to drown a worm or two! Mike

koko71
03-14-2012, 05:18 PM
I went to LP on saturday and hooked up on one kokanee that measured 15" and weighted one and a half pounds and caught a trout the same size. It was slow with only one other boat I talked to catching a kokanee of 17". The water is still chilly at 37 degrees and the fish are spread out. Traveled most of the reservoir with only a small school showing up by the opposite side of spring shores off that point, the fish that hit the lines showed up at 13 feet. The color on saturday was orange that both boats caught the kokanee on. Tight lines 101chromefish101

kodiak1
03-14-2012, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the report. Just a bit early, I think. Mike