PDA

View Full Version : New rules for Steelhead and Salmon

Ken Jones
03-06-2012, 11:49 AM
I learned on this last Steelhead trip that you can Fillet your Steelhead and Salmon and transport them home. You must leave the Adipult Fin on skin so fish can be Identified as a hatchery fish. If no Idenfication is on Fillet you will be finded. My fish I brought home have all been Smoked, Dam there good. Next trip up north will be in June after Salmon. The run there pridicting is much bigger than it was last season. Towards the end of the season you were allowed 6 fish per day. Will be trying for crappie either thursday or friday on CJ Strike depends on the weather. Later Ken

BlueBack79
03-07-2012, 12:20 AM
i always thought you could fillet as long as you still retained the carcass with the head and tail attached. anyway post up on the crappie. should be an excellent weekend...weather wise. we're finally making it up to the clearwater. last couple of weeks have been crazy. can't wait to hit the n.f. the one river i havent caught steelhead on...or ever fished.

Ken Jones
03-18-2012, 06:47 PM
i always thought you could fillet as long as you still retained the carcass with the head and tail attached. anyway post up on the crappie. should be an excellent weekend...weather wise. we're finally making it up to the clearwater. last couple of weeks have been crazy. can't wait to hit the n.f. the one river i havent caught steelhead on...or ever fished.

I thought the same I was wrong. As long as the fish can be idenified bye leaving the skin attached you can transport home. The head or tail does not have to be transported with fillets. ID will be skin attached and Adipult cut off attached to skin.

metalheadgene
03-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Correct..the law went into effect this year.

Looking forward to hearing how the Crappie hunt goes. I could not find those guys during 3 different trips this year on CJ.

gg

Ken Jones
03-18-2012, 09:06 PM
Correct..the law went into effect this year.

Looking forward to hearing how the Crappie hunt goes. I could not find those guys during 3 different trips this year on CJ.

gg

Me too- I'll give a report after I get home. Will keep you informend. I have been looking and finding a lot of fish suspended and on the bottom. Catching only Perch. I would think the Damn things should start any time know.