PDA

View Full Version : Wake up! -> it's Kokanee time!

SeaDog
02-16-2012, 11:16 PM
Hi,

Well we've had a very warm winter here in Connecticut.

Little ice left -> But what there was helped me find all the underwater springs in West Hill which I marked on a depth chart.
Now that I know where all the springs are I'll be able to find which ones the Kokes hang around this summer.

Plan to launch my boat very soon and try for some early Kokes on West Hill before the end of March.

I'm excited because ice fishing has been a total bust this year!tooexcited

SeaDog

trollmonkey
02-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Hey Seadog,It's good to know there's somebody else still in the East.We had a very mild winter in North Cakilacky,but the fishing has been off.I've gone four or five trout trips seen tons of fish on my finder ,caught a few ,but had trouble getting many hits.Haven't tried kokes since last summer,hope to get back at them in April. If you get in to them let us know. Take Care Mark101chromefish101

rgarbar
02-17-2012, 07:04 PM
Glad to some of the regulars are starting to come out of hibernation. Got a new trolling rod and reel and made a few lures this winter. Going to try some scents this season as well. Looking to catch some good looking kokannee and trout not these ugly armored catfish that infest the waterway behind my Florida house. Heading to Nantahala early and hope to catch some kokes and trout while they are still in the coves and shallows.

trollmonkey
02-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Ron you're kidding,For sure it ain't as pretty as kokes or rainbows,but thats a cool looking cat. Ya'll have all sorts of strange things in those canals,plus gators, and cottonmouths.Thats why I don't leave the mountains for long.Let me know when you get back up here. See You Mark 101chromefish101101chromefish101101chromefish101

rgarbar
02-18-2012, 10:04 AM
That's the same 1" catfish you buy at the pet store for your aquarium. They grow up to 24" in the wild down in FL. I also have to deal with big ugly softshelled turtles.

RalphL
02-18-2012, 10:32 AM
Hi,

Well we've had a very warm winter here in Connecticut.

Little ice left -> But what there was helped me find all the underwater springs in West Hill which I marked on a depth chart.
Now that I know where all the springs are I'll be able to find which ones the Kokes hang around this summer.

Plan to launch my boat very soon and try for some early Kokes on West Hill before the end of March.

I'm excited because ice fishing has been a total bust this year!tooexcited

SeaDoghow far are you from Milford??