PDA

View Full Version : Can Beer vs Bottle Beer

Bduck
02-16-2012, 03:28 PM
I love beer. I prefer to drink it from a bottle but when a can is passed my way I don't turn it down. To me beer seems to get warmer in a can than the bottle. I like other bottle products as well. tongue2 tongue2 tongue2 101cheers101

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/canned-beer-versus-bottled-beer

RalphL
02-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Didn't realize anybody in Utah drank beer,smoked cigars or danced.

SuperD
02-16-2012, 05:20 PM
I have real technical reasons for liking bottled beer better. Like holding the bottle just feels better in my hand.

RalphL
02-16-2012, 07:09 PM
my problem is it never gets much of a chance to warm up in either..

Bduck
02-16-2012, 08:14 PM
Didn't realize anybody in Utah drank beer,smoked cigars or danced.

I'm a refugee, a transplant drinking closey within the communities here. I quit smoking but if I get to that level of good beer drinking, I can try to dance. I know gutters. I too don't like warm beer but it doesn't get enough time to warm up either. This time of year I can stock up on beer without it getting warm at all. Its so cold it doesn't need refrigerated. Mother nature even provides a little snow to keep refreshments in. 101ok101 whistlersmother

autorick
02-16-2012, 11:12 PM
I prefer cans, then i don't have to worry about broken glass.....on the boat.

Kokaholic
02-16-2012, 11:40 PM
Well"............. I live in Utah. I drink beer, good whiskey, smoke cigars and if I drink enough of either of the above listed beverages, I sure as hell think I can dancethumbsup.

I think of an old song sang by an old country western singer, Tom T. Hall. The name of it was " I like beer" it makes me a jolly good fello, I like beer, it helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mello!
tooexcited101ok101101cheers101

Bduck
02-18-2012, 10:07 AM
Speaking of country songs you got to like the one Toby Keith has out now "Red Solo Cup". He even has "Beer for his Horses". 101goodpost101

Tater Salad
02-18-2012, 11:01 AM
For me it depends on where I am, and what I'm doing.

In the boat it doesn't matter too much whether it's in the can or bottle. And it needs to be something of the easier drinking lighter varieties.

At home it is usually something like Deschuttes Black Butte Porter, Lagunitas Censored or Lil Somethin Wild, something with character. And ALWAYS in a glass. Not the glass bottle!

Kokaholic
02-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Like most all drafts,

Yea, Roger, do utube for the video of red solo cup. Pretty funny

Full_Monte
02-28-2012, 07:16 AM
Well...here in looney CA, they have a law that says drinking alcohol while operating a boat is illegal, just like driving a car while drinking. I don't like a lot of the laws those boneheads in Sacramento pass, but this is one I agree with.
And I used to have a beer occasionally on board. But I was also trolling, not racing up and down the lake with a water-skier in tow. I know a lot of people who still drink and boat, but they will eventually all be caught.

Bduck
02-28-2012, 09:42 AM
Laws are pretty much the same all over. I keep just a couple of beers at hand sometimes for something to go with my snacks. I'm not out there either to race up & down with the skiers who also has there music up so loud too. I had one incident where skiers were buzzing me while I was trolling. The water cops saw this going on. Instead of chasing them down my boat was inspected and my license was checked. But no alcohol on board. I can only guess that I was the intruder on that lake.

SuperD
02-28-2012, 10:34 AM
I know a lot of people who still drink and boat, but they will eventually all be caught.
I don't know Monte, with a State government that continues to fail fiscally, enforcement is getting closer to non-existant. You gotta be close to sitting still like Roger for Barney Fifth to come look at your license.