PDA

View Full Version : This is not Winter

Bduck
02-10-2012, 07:46 AM
We have been going through a winter that has been very mild temps. This is unusual for this part of country when we should been in the teen to low 20's. Most everyday the temps have been in the low to mid 40's. The next couple of days temps are getting into the 50's. 101sweatinit101 Although there has been some very hard freezes, which didn't last very long, the lakes here are capped over but as warm as it has been the ice can't be very thick at all. You do see a lot of brave souls chancing the walk out on the ice cube and punching holes for some omega supplement. Surprisingly I haven't heard of many incidents at the ice holes where someone has taken a dip. Now that the harsh part of the winter is getting close to an end, I hoping for a early thaw that goes with these warm temps so I can get back out on some soft water. Whats it like in your area? :confused:

Kokaholic
02-10-2012, 09:50 AM
Yes, it has been a very unusual winter. I have not missed the shoveling part for sure. I would however like some more white stuff in the mountains to water the yards and such for this upcoming year.

I'm going to hit the view for some hard deck action this weekend. Then the hunting expo to put in for those extra hunts that I would love a chance at.

SuperD
02-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Roger, warm temps and no rain here + all the water is soft. That being said, the fishing has pretty much sucked at the local winter lakes here. About every trip out folks are seeing blackout screens of arches on the graph but they all have lockjaw.

gonefishing
02-11-2012, 09:13 PM
WELL UP IN EASTERN IDAHO IT IS JUST AS STRANGE. THAT IS STRANGELY WARM, AND WE ARE LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

thumbsup ABSOLUTELY NO COMPLAINTS

COULD MEAN EARLY FISHING, WHICH WOULD NOT BREAK MY HEART!

RalphL
02-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Same in so. N.M., but it is a major problem. No winter, no snow, no snow, no lake,no lake,no koke...

Bduck
02-12-2012, 10:11 AM
Not complaining about the warmth at all. This is not right with warm weather and everything is frozen. As warm as it has been, one would be able to think about taking the boat out for some HYDRO-THERAPY.

Kokaholic
02-12-2012, 10:02 PM
I was ice fishing last night on pine view in the narrows. Open water all around us. The ice there won't last much longer. When I came off the ice at 9:00pm, it was 35 degrees.