PDA

View Full Version : Any coyote hunters out there

Kokehead
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
During the Kokanee off season, I occupy my free time by helping the game population as wll as livestock. I also do a lot of waterfowling as well:)
So I was just wondering who all in the Kokanee world hunts for ol' wily coyote?

RalphL
02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
a lot, and you need to try calling from a boat.... killer!!!!

TrophyBoat
02-10-2012, 12:04 AM
I kill em when I see em but don't chase them. I've gotten a few with the shotgun while bird hunting, and missed a few with rifles and muzzleloaders while big game hunting! Isn't that bass ackwards.

Bduck
02-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I have never been out for Coyotes but wouldn't mind trying it. I don't know if my shoulder can handle the shock of my 30.06 now that I need shoulder surgery. But I won't know until I try it. About 7yrs ago I was helping a friend pack out an Elk right as the sun went down where its barely light to see. I was carrying a quarter section out about 300yds to the truck while he was still carving sections. I could see these coyotes just running circles around me with the scent of blood all over me but they never got too close to me. I was nervous about it but not too concerned since I had a .45ACP I was packing. To further the nerves, it was kitty country. 101shock1101 Have you ever had the hair stand up on the back of your neck? This is guaranteed to do it. 101ok101

gonefishing
02-16-2012, 11:11 PM
Ive killed more of em with a 22 LR 10/22 than anything else. We lived out in the middle of free range country in Washington. They used to hunt our dogs.

Once I learned that the barking of my dogs would be significantly different when they saw the coyotes. I would grab my 22 and run like heck to where 4 trails intersected behind my home. I would put-er up to my shoulder, stand dead still and wait. No kidding here, I would have them stop and look at me and see their facial expresions change. The last thing they did. They are not very durable. One shot and down they would go.

Also sacked them 100 yards out with a 25 shot clip. Wasn't to long, they all steered clear of my house. I then moved up to my 338 that was sighted out to 350 yards. Wasn't to long, we would never see them in day light.

They are a fairly smart animal. They will hunt domesticated animals in a pack, but never a adult humans. I guess they know what being hunted is all about.

KokChris
03-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Funny you ask. If Im not fishing Im hunting. (like most here) Ive been putting the hurt on the yotes for a few months now. Called the last one in to about 10yds lol. I didnt even know he was there. Caught em' from the corner of my eye and when he turned to look down the field I made my move and wacked em.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/squintslao/yote2.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v677/squintslao/yote.jpg

BlueBack79
03-31-2012, 02:05 AM
I don't know if my shoulder can handle the shock of my 30.06 now that I need shoulder surgery.

if thats all you have in your arsenal, it'll work. but thats the last thing i'd choose for a yote gun. .220, .223, .22-250, .243, etc. you dont need the big guns. small, fast and straight is the ticket.

Torres
05-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Funny you ask. If Im not fishing Im hunting. (like most here) Ive been putting the hurt on the yotes for a few months now.

Nice specimen Chris.

I live near a huge wetland park that has a couple of pack's roaming around and every once in a while an occasional siren will get them yipping and barking.

I'm curious, do you sell the pelts or do you have other uses for them.

I tie flies and those tail hairs look like they would be great on dry fly patterns.

101chromefish101

KokChris
05-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Nice specimen Chris.

I live near a huge wetland park that has a couple of pack's roaming around and every once in a while an occasional siren will get them yipping and barking.

I'm curious, do you sell the pelts or do you have other uses for them.

I tie flies and those tail hairs look like they would be great on dry fly patterns.

101chromefish101

PM sent my friend.