PDA

View Full Version : Saturday 2/4 Report

Winterun
02-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Headed out to the coast solo Saturday as my usual fishing buddies wanted to fish close to home. Made the best of it as I was very fortunate to find a few willing biters, one of them large Dolly Varden!

It was nice to get out, as the sunshine and somewhat warm weather made me think of springtime trolling around the lake for Kokes! But that time will come soon enough though!!! But according to Mr or is it Ms Ground Hog we still have 6 more weeks of winter!!! Fine by me, as there are still plenty of Steelhead to catch until then!

See you folks on the water,
Winterun

TrollNFisher
02-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Very nice catch!

bob r
02-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Great shot of the Dolly, thanks for keeping him in the water. I get so tired of "catch and release required" pictures of fish out of water.Dollies are one of our fav. fish, just great colors.Was the dolly taken on the bobber with a corky and yarn or was it a jig? Bob R

Winterun
02-08-2012, 11:27 AM
Great shot of the Dolly, thanks for keeping him in the water. I get so tired of "catch and release required" pictures of fish out of water.Dollies are one of our fav. fish, just great colors.Was the dolly taken on the bobber with a corky and yarn or was it a jig? Bob R
Thanks Bob,
Yeah Dollies do have great colors! I wish I would have gotten a better picture to show folks how big she was. But she was getting antsy, so after I got the hook out of her she took off!!!
I got both the steelie and the dolly on a "dead fish weight" fished under a float, tipped with a sandshrimp tail.
Take it easy,
Joe

kokanee_slayer
02-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Great report and Awesome pics Winterun!!!! 101goodpost101

Speaking of Koks, I gave American a try Friday morning and not even a bump. That's OK; my expectations were low - a little early. However, like Saturday it was a beautiful day to be on the water.

Winterun
02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Great report and Awesome pics Winterun!!!! 101goodpost101

Speaking of Koks, I gave American a try Friday morning and not even a bump. That's OK; my expectations were low - a little early. However, like Saturday it was a beautiful day to be on the water.

I'm kinda getting the itch also! The next couple of months with high and low water in the rivers. I might sneek in there a few times after I give the motors a tune up, change the water pump impellers, and I'm going to a larger battery this year and I'll be set for the rest of the season.

See you out there,
Joe

eenakoK
02-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Great report Joe! I heard you on the radio on your way out there. Glad to see you got into some fish.

I am getting my boat ready for the season as well. See you out there soon enough!