PDA

View Full Version : Perch in CJ Strike

Ken Jones
02-02-2012, 11:47 PM
There catching some pretty good Perch in river off of Bridge. Also in the Res.

kodiak1
02-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for the info Ken. Are they picking the perch up off the bank, or from boats by the bridge? By the ramp? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Mike

Ken Jones
02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
I was told bye both in Res. In the narrows and off bridge below damn. I will be taking my boat out tomorrow, will be fishing in narrows. I will try and locate fish on my depth finder and then Anchor my boat and see what happens. I'll be after Crappie and perch. Will post on results after I get back tomorrow afternoon. I've been in Res. Trolling for trout and met a couple guys with perch that did pretty good they were cleaning there perch.

kodiak1
02-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks, Ken. I was thinking of the bridge on the upper end of the Snake. Should have assumed they were talking about the bridge below. Hope you hammer 'em. Mike

Ken Jones
02-07-2012, 09:41 PM
Guys nothing good too report. It was so damn windy my 24ft. Jet boat Anchor didn't hold me when I located the fish. Seen lots of fish couldn't stay in spot over top of them, wind kept blowing me away and around. Lots of fish in 50 plus water. Will be going again when wind dies down a little. The fish are there Water temperature is rising today it was 42Degrees. Prior to this trip water tempature was 39 degrees. Need a fairly calm day then watch out fish.101chromefish101

Ken Jones
02-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Brought home a nice mess of fish valentines day. We were fishing in 50ft of water. Cut Bait and Jigs topped of with white Crappie Niblets. Bell sinker on bottom and Two crappie jigs tied above. Bell sinker got to bottom in a hurry. Vertical fishing was a must at that depth. I used a bobber at times set at 40ft. Yes, I caught fish with my bobber. Leaving this sunday for Orofino to fish for Steelies on the Clearwater for a week. When I get back will start hitting CJ pretty pretty hard and Kokanee in Anderson, Lucky Peak and Arrowrock. Maybe a little Sturgeon fishing in between other trips. Then July Salmon Fishing.101chromefish101

BlueBack79
02-17-2012, 12:14 AM
looks like the state record was just tied by a cascade res. fish. saw an article on the stateman website.

Big-Daddy-King-Fish
02-20-2012, 12:33 PM
The weather seemed to shift about every 10 minutes. Started out as a calm nice day, turned to heavy wind, then light snow flurry, and began to calm down again about 4 P.M. - Rapalas were working on and off for the trout, they were not hitting them real hard, so I only landed a couple. The majority of the fish were hanging out about 25 - 35 feet. At the east tip of the narrows there were some guys that were catching perch with power bait. Beyond that everyone I talked to got skunked, went home due to weather, or only bagged one or two themselves.

kodiak1
02-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Thanks for a complete report. Sorry you didn't pick up more fish; after subjecting yourselves to that weather, the fish gods owed you that! Mike

Ken Jones
03-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Fished for two days in narrows. Friday didn't put in until around One O clock. Caught a few Perch. Went again today its Saturday caught a few more Perch today. Boy, there was a lot of boats in the Narrows today. I did here of one Crappie being caught. The trout fishing is getting bettter. Idaho power planted 50000 trout in Bruneau portion so in a few days the fish will scatter and guys will start catching a few more.