PDA

View Full Version : kokanee fishing Lone butte

brad8314
01-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Hey,

I'll be staying at fawn lake in july, hopefully catch some nice rainbows and maybe a laker if I'm lucky. (haven't caught a lake trout yet)

I might try sheridan too, but I hear its a pretty big lake and my small boat might get pushed around by the wind depending on the weather.

Usually I fish Eagan lake for kokanee and do quite well, always end up with my limit very quickly. It's a nice little lake.

I was just wondering what other Lakes I should try for kokanee while I'm in the area?

I think
Bonaparte lake may hold some kokanee , though I've only caught trout. That lake defiantly gets windy, and can be no fun in a real hurry lol.

Bridge lake also hold kokanee as well correct????

Is there any other lakes that hold kokanee in these parts, that u guys recommend?

Thanks,

101chromefish101

Cariboospeed
01-26-2012, 07:24 AM
Bridge lake has good Kokanee, but can be windy also. Horse lake as well.
As long as you know, and have the power to get off in a headwind, its good.

platypus
02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
--Bridge has been off and on last few years but is one of my favourites.
--take a look at anglers atlas or other map type company as there are several shallow areas in the lake... but with islands in the middle you can always get out of the wind no matter which way it is coming from.
--Mac's in bridge... check in season regs as some years have been able to keep Mac... others not..
--Bridge was baaad last season so maybe this year.. when its hot good average size.
--On some of the lakes the unsettled weather last season may have had more to do with the lack of success than a true lack of fish.
--Anyway as always this time of year expecting the best for the upcoming season.
--Will be fishing Skaha soon... ice is on at night off by mid day if wind is up but ice around the boat launches.
--Okanagan is fishing well for larger rainbows... I feel it is my duty to take a few of these kokanee eaters out of the system