PDA

View Full Version : Building me a boat seat stand! Need help??

Al Vose
01-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Good day all: I am going to build a boat seat stand that I can move around in the boat. can anyone help me find some kind of Rubber stand pads that would
slip on the foot pads of the stand. I went on the internet and cant find any place that sells the pad stock so I can cut them to fit?
I am looking for something to bolt on or slip on to the flat pad for the foot.
Thanks Al Vose (9.05 KOK )101chromefish101

SmokeOnTheWater
01-22-2012, 01:31 PM
Having trouble trying to visualize what you're wanting to do. How about posting a picture or two for those of us conceptually challenged? I'm sure the minds on this forum can come up with something.

SuperD
01-22-2012, 03:50 PM
This rubber pad comes with self adhesive strip. Found at Wal Mart, Sportsman's Warehouse & auto parts stores.

Al Vose
01-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Thanks all for the help I found what I need for the stand I am making
your help was great!! Thanks again
Al Vose >> 9.05Lb Kok 101chromefish101

sawtooth
01-24-2012, 09:59 PM
Al,
Post some pictures of your finished seat when you are done. I am planning to put together a portable seat in a month or so as well, and I can always use a few good examples as a guide. Also, what did you decide on as a bottom cover for your seats legs?

Al Vose
01-25-2012, 01:19 PM
OK lets see if i can do this? I have a photo of what I am trying to build
I have all the aluminum cut just haven't put it together as yet.

I have a new boat on order hoping it gets here for the Sportsman Show.
I am supposed to work the booth for Northwest Boat Sales if it gets here in time so we can show it. Hope to see you all!!

I went to ParkRose Hardware and got a 1/4 inc thick piece of Rubber. I am going to
countersink it and put a large washer and bolt to hold it to all the feet.

For a Photo go to http://s1113.photobucket.com/albums/k501/Al-Vose/New%20Boat/

SmokeOnTheWater
01-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Just a word of caution, check the bolts periodically just to make sure they're not backing out. Don't want you to tear or scratch your floor covering whether it be carpet, vinyl, gel coat or aluminum. Glad you found what you've been looking for.