PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Peak Part 2

Fish On!!!
12-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Went to lucky Peak again Monday. Trolled 800 miles and caught 8 fish, only lost or missed a couple. Caught 3 Kokes and 5 rainbows all around 15 inch range except for one 10 inch rainbow. Did manage a double on one downrigger only the second time i have attempted 2 lines on one downrigger. Only had one tangle but it was because we hit bottom. Overall kinda slow but it was a beautiful day on the lake. Did see 2 crazies on jet skis...Next trip CJ Strike...

koko71
12-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Fish On what was the water temp and if you don"t mind asking what part of the lake you caught the fish. Are they still hitting UV dodgers like they did in november?

Fish On!!!
12-27-2011, 09:30 PM
34 degrees. I was using the uv dodgers and peach hoochies, we also caught them on pink dodgers and pick hoochies. I trolled about halfway between the dam and spring shores.

jimbojump
01-02-2012, 01:25 PM
So just curious as to how deep they were biting...Ive been finding them at or below 40 feet on Arrowrock...I was thinking of trying my luck at LP this week,,,seemed like it might be easier to find fish seeing that the water level is soooo low...Arrowrock is damn near full.

Gentle Ben
01-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Hey Fish On! Haven't got out yet .Glad to hear you are getting some action. Are you working the Spring Shores Area or Dam area? Give me a hint what you're doing??? Thanks Big Wally!

Gentle Ben
01-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Hearing Rumors that some are out already at LP doing some good. Anybody want to expound on that info. to us fellow Koke Getters.?? Big Wally@ Gentle Ben

Fish On!!!
01-05-2012, 01:51 PM
I went to Lucky Peak the last 3 weeks caught 7 or 8 each time up until Monday and we only caught one. We had a few other bites. The fish I had been marking and cathing at 35-40 were not marking. I found some big schools at 55-80 and tried to drop down to catch those, we got bites no fish in the boat tho. I was fishing between the dam and spring shores about 3/4 of the way to spring shores.

nepetbutler
01-07-2012, 12:46 PM
trolling tuesday. i have been hanging on the bank. slow fishing. thanks for sharing your trolling methods. went to cascade last tue at poison creek, few bites is all. got sum rk spinner to try