PDA

View Full Version : Steelhead & Trout

Ken Jones
12-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Steelhead fishing on the Clearwater has been very slow. Water temperature is cold and the river is very low. Most fish right know are being held up below the lower dams. Once the water in the Clearwater warms up and raises a foot or too the fishing will remain slow. Yes, the couple of times I went I did catch fish. My friends, I took up didn't catch anything. They have been catching a few at Riggens around the mouth of the little Salmon River. Boats have caught a few also. Stay fishing in Boise river around town you should be able to pick up a few after they stock it.

I've been trolling for trout and have done fair. Have caught a few every trip. I've been fishing CJ Strike Resivour. If the temperature warms up it should start producing some pretty good fish. The other day I was told that there was a guy fishing at the up stream from the Lovebridge on the snake and had caught two trout in the 8lb. range. A friend of mine weighed the fish. Using nightcrawlers with a marshmellow. He was fishing off the bank. He had caught his limit of fish and was packing up getting ready to go home.101chromefish101