PDA

View Full Version : Hagen's new catalog

mrmike
11-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Just recieved Hagen's new Catalog for 2012 (fishing components)some great stuff in side for you folks that like to make your own just thought I pass it on. they got some really good componets you can order a catalog/NOW IS THE TIME OF THE YEAR have a great holiday.

Kokanee-Toni
11-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I got mine, too. The only problem I have is coming up with the money to buy 1000's or 100's at a time. I love looking at it though.

mrmike
11-29-2011, 04:21 PM
Kokanee-Toni yea I agree with you on order amounts you can order in smaller amount like 50 I'm told, but I'm impressed with there new color patterns/ and tapes if a few folks went in together its durable.

Physion
11-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Last time I ordered I was able to order smaller quantities, but I had to pay a bit extra. Great souce for some hard to find items.

trollmonkey
11-29-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm trying to work up another order from the old catalog ,new colors and patterns may break the bank. You can order any quanity you want just have to pay a $ 1 minimum per order line below minimum quanities. What I really need is time to use all the gear I have now.101chromefish101

Kokanee-Toni
11-30-2011, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to work up another order from the old catalog ,new colors and patterns may break the bank. You can order any quanity you want just have to pay a $ 1 minimum per order line below minimum quanities. What I really need is time to use all the gear I have now.101chromefish101

Yes I sure agree to more time!

Physion
11-30-2011, 01:53 PM
I retired last spring and still don't have enough time to fish. A handsome reward to the catalog that can list and provide more fishing time!!!

SuperD
11-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Making some tackle originally started as a hobby to support a hobby for me. Anymore, I find I get as much or more enjoyment making the stuff as I do using it. And I get to do it without leaving my living room or garage.

Looking at the new catalog is like a 12 year old boy finding a Playboy magazine.

Physion
11-30-2011, 06:57 PM
I got my catalog from Hagen's today. Time is still an issue. I'd like to invest more time making as well as using the lures. I agree that making them brings a great deal of pleasure. And I like catching fish on lures I've made. I hoped retirement would help some of those time issues. I'm thankful I can still be busy and productive. How did I ever find time to work?

trollmonkey
11-30-2011, 10:14 PM
It definitely is enjoyable to make, use, and give away tackle. Especially when you know( or at least think) you're making gear fish will hit. Here in WNC you can't find kokanee tackle locally and gear I've put together has put more trout and walleyes in my boat. Tackle catalogs are great you leave them out in plain sight unlike those other publications ,and you don't get disgusted looks until your next order is totalled.101chromefish101

RalphL
12-01-2011, 12:19 AM
what is the significance of the two large bare feet at the top of the Hagans website banner???? (under view catalogue)

SuperD
12-01-2011, 10:27 AM
what is the significance of the two large bare feet at the top of the Hagans website banner???? (under view catalogue)

The full picture has been cut off. There used to be a picture of 2 kids sitting on the end of a small dock with straw hats and a cane pole, fishing. the bare feet were one of the kids from the picture.

MMDON
12-02-2011, 10:55 PM
The full picture has been cut off. There used to be a picture of 2 kids sitting on the end of a small dock with straw hats and a cane pole, fishing. the bare feet were one of the kids from the picture.

Dave, you spend too much time at Hagens! 4moremney

Bduck
12-04-2011, 09:26 AM
Dave, you spend too much time at Hagens! 4moremney

Don, You should see where else he spends his time. When he ventures into Utah at his new house, I'm finding it costs me money for his company. 4moremney fencing

MMDON
12-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Don, You should see where else he spends his time. When he ventures into Utah at his new house, I'm finding it costs me money for his company. 4moremney fencing

Too funny! tooexcited

trollmonkey
12-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Got my new Hagen's catalog today!! So many new blade colors,this is going to cost me.4moremney4moremney

Downrigger
12-08-2011, 07:30 PM
How do you get a Hagen's catalog without having a sales tax number? I don't see anything that says these guys are wholesale only.

SuperD
12-08-2011, 08:26 PM
You can either download it directly from their website or simply request one be sent to you.

Downrigger
12-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks SuperD. I wanted to request a paper catalog but it asked for a non-optional sales tax ID number.

I can use the downloaded version though.

SuperD
12-09-2011, 12:07 PM
Mine came unsolicited for placing a couple orders last year. And I guess we all have a SS #.

SuperD
12-27-2011, 10:28 AM
Anybody placed their order yet?

RalphL
12-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Last time I ordered I was able to order smaller quantities, but I had to pay a bit extra. Great souce for some hard to find items.

what is the premium for ordering smaller quantities at Hagans..How small an order do they allow???

SuperD
12-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Ralph, each item comes in a minimum package size. For example, dodger blanks may say that there is a minimum order of 100. However, the minimum package size may be 20. I can order 20 or multiples of 20 which amount to less than 100. The premium is $1.00. So, the how small question all depends on what the item you select is. You'd have to call to see what the minimum package sizes are before you place your order.

Polar Bear
12-27-2011, 06:59 PM
I banged out an order today ....no extra charges for menananananananana

RalphL
12-27-2011, 11:03 PM
Ralph, each item comes in a minimum package size. For example, dodger blanks may say that there is a minimum order of 100. However, the minimum package size may be 20. I can order 20 or multiples of 20 which amount to less than 100. The premium is $1.00. So, the how small question all depends on what the item you select is. You'd have to call to see what the minimum package sizes are before you place your order.

thanks.. that is a very dangerous catalogue...I figure I lost a total of maybe 10 lures last year, including the ones I pushed for too many fish and they fell apart.. At that rate I have enough lures ,,and components to build more, to last me about 10 years.. Therefore, I will put in an order immediately.!!! One can't be too carefull.,. and that magic color combo is in that catalogue..So many colors,so little time.

SculpinKing
12-28-2011, 12:29 AM
I banged out an order today ....no extra charges for menananananananana

So they didn't charge you the $1 fee for ordering below the minimums? Was it your first order with them? I've heard rumors that they do that for the first order, but nothing confirmed. Did they tell you anything or did it just not appear on your bill?

I'm putting together and my first order soon and it would change things quite a bit if I could order below the minimum without paying a buck, especially for stuff like beads.

Polar Bear
12-28-2011, 07:28 PM
no she didnt , but I have been ordering from there for quit some time ....when I call , she calls me Mark nananana nananana
this site has cool smilies

Polar Bear
01-05-2012, 08:01 PM
I got another order today ....no up charge again , maybe they stopped doing the $1.00 line charge

SuperD
01-05-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm impatiently waiting on a couple back order items! Hurry, hurry, hurry!

Polar Bear
02-02-2012, 07:56 PM
another order came today .....i had 3 items that they charged me the extra dollar for :
split rings
vmc hooks
00 willow leaf blades

widgeon
02-11-2012, 12:33 AM
how do you get a catalog . Iam hooked on this koke fishing

SilverBullets
02-11-2012, 12:32 PM
how do you get a catalog . Iam hooked on this koke fishing

Welcome to KFF widgeon! The Hagens web-site has a "request catalog" at the top of the page. 101welcomw

widgeon
02-11-2012, 06:23 PM
thanks. that is a cool catalog.cant wait to get it half the fun is making lures .

SculpinKing
03-05-2012, 11:58 PM
Received my first order today. I had meant to call to see if that might help avoid the $1 charge for ordering under the minimum, but I decided not reading a million numbers over the phone was worth something to me so I just did it online. Order came today and they didn't charge me the $1 fees at all for most of the stuff.

Really impressed at how everything was packaged. All my stuff was heat sealed in individual bags.