PDA

View Full Version : Trout at Swift Res

Wild Child
11-27-2011, 12:58 PM
The first place had a lot of fish but they would not bite. Then we went farther down the lake, the water was deeper and we saw less fish but they were biting. We started out trying all sorts of lures then my dad tried the special lure that I made and it worked good. All we used for bait was worms because trout like worms. We could hardly keep the poles in the water! We caught our limit of fifteen fish. We had a fun day with Kokonuts in the boat.thumbsup

Mudinchev
11-27-2011, 01:21 PM
This was the BEST way to spend Black Friday! NO CROWDS! In fact we only saw two other boats. The weather was awesome, very cold in the morning, but the afternoon warmed up with the sunshine. Should have brought my sunglasses instead of my rain gear! I had read some posts about people having issues with the boat launch and I can see why, Even though I was not parked in this stuff when I started the boat, I still sucked enough junk into the pump that things weren't working right, so no long trip down the lake. Then getting the boat out......oh boy, I had to back the trailer in a few times just to push the big stuff out of the way and we had a heck of a time getting the boat to sit on the trailer with out a bunch of junk being trapped between the trailer skids and the boat.
This was my first trip to Swift so I figured it would be an adventure especially this time of year. But it was a great way to shake the withdrawals of waiting for spring Kokanee fishing to start up again.

bob r
11-27-2011, 07:55 PM
How was the fishing? Bob R

Mudinchev
11-27-2011, 11:04 PM
How was the fishing? Bob R

Quote: Wild Child
"The first place had a lot of fish but they would not bite. Then we went farther down the lake, the water was deeper and we saw less fish but they were biting. We started out trying all sorts of lures then my dad tried the special lure that I made and it worked good. All we used for bait was worms because trout like worms. We could hardly keep the poles in the water! We caught our limit of fifteen fish. We had a fun day with Kokonuts in the boat.thumbsup"

bob r
11-28-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for report, hope that new rod works fine, wild child. And you're right, trout do indeed like worms! bob r

TrollNFisher
11-28-2011, 01:47 PM
Very nice fish Wild Child, Thanks for the report. I hope you out fished Kokonuts.

Kokonuts
11-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Very nice fish Wild Child, Thanks for the report. I hope you out fished Kokonuts.

Yes, He did & it wasnt the first time!

Kokonuts laugh hyst