PDA

View Full Version : Late Fishing on Anderson Ranch

Big-Daddy-King-Fish
11-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Usually I save the fall fishing dedicated to Steelhead. I just started kokanee fishing this year, and got addicted. My boat has been in the shop for what seems like forever, but its ready for me to pick up tomorrow. Eager to go test the boat, and do some fishing with my son I am curious which body of water would be best this time of year. Lucky Peak, Anderson, or Arrowrock? Any helpful hints would be appreciated, and I would be happy to provide a detailed report of the trip.
Next weekend Steelhead fishing will resume if my boat checks out.

kodiak1
11-05-2011, 11:30 AM
I would hit Arrowrock. Lucky Peak has been slow, and it seems to me that trout fishing in Arrowrock is better than Anderson. They have been catching a mix of trout and kokes in Arrowrock. Good luck. Mike

Physion
11-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Arrowrock has fished better than Lucky Peak for me the last little bit. However, the main ramp no longer has any dock in the water and the ramp doesn't have much slope. Take some boots and be prepared to back in quite a ways to get your boat to float free. Any wind could make it even more interesting. At Lucky Peak, the Spring Shores ramp also has minimal slope but there was a bit of dock to use last week. The road across the dam to Turner was closed last week. I don't know about ramps on Anderson.

Phytion

Big-Daddy-King-Fish
11-06-2011, 12:06 AM
I'm gonna head out in the morning. Thanks for the heads up on the ramp conditions, and proper foot wear. I'll update my success after I get back.

Big-Daddy-King-Fish
11-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Got up this morning and decided that I did not want to sit out on the water in this funky weather for some trout and Kokes. Sunday football seems more appealing.

gonefishing
11-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Wait a little longer and you will be able to skate out there and giver a try!tongue2