PDA

View Full Version : rotating treble hooks

RalphL
10-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Has anyone tried these, I think they would help the loss rate. I will be rigging some up on arnies and a few homemade wedding ring style spinners. Just spotted them in my local shop...

SilverBullets
10-28-2011, 11:33 AM
101goodpost101 Thanks for posting this...I had never heard of them until now. They seem like they'd work on lures where the fish are able to get leverage but lures that slide on the line like wee-tads, apex's, and in-spinners wouldn't benifit that much. I'm sure they'd be a real benifit on jigs, plugs, and stick baits though...might just have to try some out!!101chromefish101

Kokonuts
10-28-2011, 11:36 AM
I've used them but sometimes they are hard to take out if you want to release the fish.

What do you mean by rotating?

Kokonuts

SilverBullets
10-28-2011, 12:02 PM
I've used them but sometimes they are hard to take out if you want to release the fish.

What do you mean by rotating?

Kokonuts

On lures such as plugs, swimbaits/stick baits the trebles lock up in some positions and fish are able to get leverage to pry the hooks out. These trebles have a built in swivel on the line tie pin that drops directly down the shaft of the treble and rotates.

RalphL
10-28-2011, 04:13 PM
you can hold the eye between your fingers and the treble hook section spins freely Google Spintech hooks or spintechhooks.com I just stumbled on them

Kokonuts
10-28-2011, 07:14 PM
you can hold the eye between your fingers and the treble hook section spins freely Google Spintech hooks or spintechhooks.com I just stumbled on them

OK....They should work good....BUT $8.99???

Kokonuts

RalphL
10-28-2011, 09:12 PM
thats for 5 ... they sure are pricey , but I guess they are a bit complicated to make.I bought a pkg of 5 just to check them out and they are very well made. Hopefully ,the cost will come down but since I dont chase women, drink, or drive a Harley(anymore) I guess spending dough on fishing gear is my mid life crisis. I bet the bass tourny guys will be all over these..

Kokonuts
10-29-2011, 11:32 AM
thats for 5 ... they sure are pricey , but I guess they are a bit complicated to make.I bought a pkg of 5 just to check them out and they are very well made. Hopefully ,the cost will come down but since I dont chase women, drink, or drive a Harley(anymore) I guess spending dough on fishing gear is my mid life crisis. I bet the bass tourny guys will be all over these..

101goodpost101 Ralph.....Welcome to the world of Kokanee Addicts!

Kokonuts

bob r
10-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I've read somewhere that the shaft where the swivel is fails on large fish, that's the only feedback I've gotten, I thought about using them for cutthroats that twist and spit the trebles on spoons, the only ones I've seen have been too big, I think they were out of the smallest size but with the odds of a big fish I may have changed my mind, let us know of reviews. bob r

mrmike
10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Bob R YOUR RIGHT These swivel trebbles been around awhile been using them for awhile on my K-11/and larger k-14/15 kwik fish there was a big problem they weren't holding up with Big Fish (BIG FISH 40#/ 50# PLUS CHINNOOK IN ALASKA) (my fishing partner contacted the manufacturer and advised them of there problem big chinook were bending them but the fish get no leverage comparied to solids they work fine. as for cost have you priced Owner tribbles they don't give them away ether. They do work swell and worth the expense