PDA

View Full Version : Late season on Arrowrock and Lucky Peak

Physion
10-11-2011, 01:00 AM
I've been thinking about one more trip to Lucky Peak or Arrowrock. I got a couple nice fish on Luck Peak a week ago, but the bites were a long time inbetween.

Any advice for a late season trip on one of those two reservoirs?

Phytion

Physion
10-15-2011, 01:23 PM
Good weather and a supportive spouse sent me to Lucky Peak yesterday. The reservoir has been drawn way down, but I saw about a dozen boats on the water. I put in at Spring Shores and went as far as the Charcoal Gulch area. I had a total of 4 bites, and boated all 4 fish, all between 13.5 and 14 inches. These will be next year's spawners. Great day on the water!

BlueBack79
10-15-2011, 10:54 PM
advice.....bring a shotgun!! went up a few evenings ago with a buddy to scout for his hunt across the reservoir. wish i had mine. the chukars laughed at us.

Physion
10-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Does anyone know why Lucky Peak is being dropped so low this year? It's well below the normal level for this time of year. It can't help the kokanee population for next year!

Phytion

jimbojump
10-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Myself and some friends fished Arrowrock today and got about 6 kokes and 5 trout...they were decent size and it was just like fishing in the spring and summer...I am surprised to get as many as we did...On a side note...Apparantly fish and game is doing some sort of gill netting and trap netting study to put radio tags on the bull trout...said they are killing alot of sqauws but were told not to kill them all...I think they should...LOL...nasty things. She also said there are alot of yellow perch in Arrowrock...didnt know that one...hmmmm.

Physion
10-29-2011, 05:15 PM
Do you mind sharing which part of Arrowrock you were fishing? The South Fork, the Middle Fork, or between the dam and the confluence of the two? I'm thinking about a trip up on Monday, but I have a small boat and motor. Once I commit to a section of a reservoir, it takes a bit of time to move to another part.

Many thanks.

Phytion

jimbojump
10-29-2011, 08:06 PM
there are many areas I frequent when I go up...If you ever wanna go in a bigger boat and team up...let me know...we got a couple nice ones in the bay at the mouth of the south fork...and in the bay at the mouth of the middle fork as well...seem to be isolated pockets of them but they were good sized and awesome fighters...we lost quite a few due to all of my snubbers went to crap on me...but after we adjusted the drag and played them lightly we got most of the ones that hit later...snubbers are a def must...

Physion
10-31-2011, 10:05 PM
I just got back from Arrowrock. The ramp is a bit flat to launch easily but I managed with some boots.

I fished the mouth of the South Fork and also between the ramp and the large bay on the opposite side towards the dam. I boated 4 kokanee, 4 rainbows, and lost one of some variety. I returned the rainbows for someone else to catch. I caught more kokanee at the South Fork end and more rainbows going towards the dam from the ramp.

Great day on the water, especially at the end of October.

Phytion