PDA

View Full Version : willard wipers

jekern1015
09-05-2011, 03:08 PM
We didn't get to Willard until around noon yesterday, had a few problems with our friends boat. Somehow when he replaced the impeller he hooked something up backwards. His boat had no neutral or reverse. We trolled up and down the north dike to the light pole then south to the south dike and down towards freeway bay. We didn't see a fish let alone feel a bite. We tried deep diving lures, shallow running lures. We tried lures that make noise, we tried lures that were soft plastic. I even tried putting on 5 ounces of lead and bottom bouncing moving around 3 mph. We ended up catching one wiper around 730 off the north dike on a mustard colored deep diver. No idea how long it was dragged behind the boat. There were two lines all tangled up so I had to try to hand line it in. That was the only fish we caught. We actually had better luck on the boat ramp, as another group of guys asked us if we wanted the two fish they had caught. Before I could say anything my wife piped up and said we'll take em. We never observed any boils and the realization set in that even tho any day fishing is better than work the catching is greatly reduced for us with power squadron out in full force.

TrollNFisher
09-05-2011, 04:37 PM
Nice Hybrids, congrats.