PDA

View Full Version : Bear Lake Macks w/ Kokanee gear 9.4.2011

kokaddict
09-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Huh....maybe the best kept secret about Bear Lake is using Flaming George goodies for chasing kokanee!

My 3 year old landed the small (darker) 12.2 lber and my daughter landed this 18.2lb Mack today, both were landed using JJ Rods and RMT gear. Too bad Jared's stuff is just for Kokanee Ha! What a fluke....who'd a thunk it.

We were going after cuts and landed over 30lbs of Macks! We also landed two cuts...., both over 7 lbs.

Great fun had by all!

Bduck
09-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Huh....maybe the best kept secret about Bear Lake is using Flaming George goodies for chasing kokanee!

My 3 year old landed the small (darker) 12.2 lber and my daughter landed this 18.2lb Mack today, both were landed using JJ Rods and RMT gear. Too bad Jared's stuff is just for Kokanee Ha! What a fluke....who'd a thunk it.

We were going after cuts and landed over 30lbs of Macks! We also landed two cuts...., both over 7 lbs.

Great fun had by all!

OK Marlow, you teased me enough all week long. I'm going to brave some of the lice out there and see if this is not just a fluke on Sunday. Ella & Colton sure got their day made. Its always a thrill for me to hear them tell me about their adventure whenever you call.

I hit E Canyon up last Monday(Labor Day). Had a great day boating about 15 nice bows up to the point when skiers were 15' off of my bow and had problems trying to trailer the boat. Alot of angry tempers were out that day.

Rooster
09-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Very nice fish! I was actually going to give koke tackle a try the next time i made it over, but it looks like you beat me to it. Good work. Those fish are old enough that they have probably seen more takle than you have. Way to fool them. I learned that a 15 pound fish can be 20 to 30 years old in that lake. Smart old fish.