PDA

View Full Version : Snake River Cats.

Ken Jones
08-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Well guys I've been pretty busy fishing so haven't taken the time to report my fishing efferts. So lets begin. Cj Strike Crappie. Never caught a single one. Screen was full of fish all day long NO crappie. But on other hand we did great catching Perch. Lots of perch out in the Narrows. 30 plus ft. of water. Caught the first one on a crappie jig or nightcrawler. Cut it up as bait and hammered the Perch. Go for perch right now. Went to Brownlee after cats caught a few Never kept any. They had a funny looking color. Was afraid too try, thought I might get Sick. Threw them all away. Caught several Bass one was 17inches long Kept it two eat. Several others were too small to keep. Now, my last trip was downriver below Sawn Falls Dam. We caught Several bass and Several Cats. The biggest was 7lbs. Most were in the 3 and 4lb. range. Cut bait was the ticket and nightcrawlers. All were Channel Cats except one, it was a Blue Cat. There in great shape kept them all. Fished all night out of my boat. Ate canned Kokes after I got Home Damn they were good.

kodiak1
08-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Any size to the perch this year, Ken? Mike

Ken Jones
08-28-2011, 07:04 PM
The biggest Perch was around a foot, Mike. Most were smaller, but, big enough to fillet. I put my Jet boat in at Celebration Park. Plenty of water to run up too Swan Falls. Going again Thursday or Friday. Mean while may go again for Crappie. Even if we didn't catch any Crappie. I know one of these days it will happen. Just when I don't know. Going this next month too Lewiston After Salmon or Sand wuan Islands out of Anticortis Washington. Or Mexico for Durados. So will see what happens later. Ken

kodiak1
08-29-2011, 10:23 AM
Thanks, Ken