PDA

View Full Version : Whidbey Island bound......

BlueBack79
08-26-2011, 12:53 AM
well, i'm packed and headed up to whidbey island tomorrow for 7 or 8 days of salmon fishing in the sound. hopefully, the freezer will be full and i'll have some pics to share. it's nice having family up there. i've been getting daily texts from my cousin showing his fish. should be a great time. we killed the humpies in 09 and did so-so on the kings/silvers last year. i've got a feeling it's going to be a slaughter on the humpies though. it'll be nice to get out of this damn heat too!!!

sawtooth
08-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Sounds like a great trip. I also have relatives in Everett and Lynnwood and they have been doing well on the humpies this year. My wife and I spent a few days on Whidbey for our 20th wedding anniversary in July and I was wishing I had brought the boat as the Chinnook were starting to show just north of the island. Looking forward to seeing some picks and hearing all the details. Good Luck.

BlueBack79
09-03-2011, 01:26 AM
well, we've got one more day of fishing and then we'll be heading home. it's been absolutely insane all week. we've been on the water every day since saturday and pulled limits with ease. that ranges from 8 to 16 fish, depending how many of us were on the boat. we have been very spoiled. most fish are humpies, but we've been getting a couple silvers almost every day. i've only caught two kings, but had to release them both. we just starting throwing the dink fish back because there are so many fish here right now. casting buzz bombs has been the ticket, but we've also been killing them trolling pinck hoochies behind white dodgers. pretty bummed to be leaving soon, but i'm also exhausted. 7 to 8 straight days on the water, all day, takes a bit out of you. i'll post some pics when i get back. if you've never fished for humpies, i highly suggest it. it's a kick in the pants.

BlueBack79
09-22-2011, 12:00 AM
some delayed pics.....

BlueBack79
09-22-2011, 12:12 AM
the picture with the fog was a creepy day. we almost didnt go out. turns out, we probably shouldnt have. that was leaving the launch. shortly after, i hooked a king, and our attention to the fish got us turned around. our gps died and we were technically "lost" for about three hours . but, we still got limits. the big fear is ending up in a shipping lane, which thankfully did not happen.

my uncles friend built that smoker. coolest thing ive ever seen. we helped him put the roof on and got the honor of smoking the first batch of fish. turned out awesome!!!

BlueBack79
09-22-2011, 12:16 AM
roof on and the smoking began.

sawtooth
09-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Blueback,

Looks like a great trip. That smoker looks like your uncle is ready to go commerical. I will have to make a point to get over to my uncle and cousins place next time I get the invite. I have fished for pinks several times in BC and they can be a lot of fun on light tackle. Thanks for posting the pictures, Whidbey island is a beautiful part of the country.

BlueBack79
09-25-2011, 01:34 AM
its great. i could see living over there....if only they had mulies!!!