PDA

View Full Version : Just moved to Farmington

LarryPhan
08-21-2011, 10:00 PM
I hope you guys can help a guy in this new area. so i just moved here from Montana where we (GF and I) fish for kokes all the time. i hear Navajo is good. anyone got tips for kokes (or any other fish as well) i love to fish and have a fishing boat. i hope you guys can help.

RalphL
08-22-2011, 05:51 PM
welcome to the southland Larry, I hail from Montanna myself (Lolo) Navaho is great koke country. I dont get up there much since I got my slip at Heron, Which is equally good. The guys in the marina tackle shops are your best bet to find out where the fish are hanging, than its standard procedure. Find the schools, find the depth, hit them with an assortment of colors and shapes
untill you see what they want and get after it..Always had my best luck there with chartrusse hoochie, wedding rings and real flashy big spinners when they go deeper than 32 ft.. Watch the weather, it can turn nasty on you in a hurry. If you get cought out dont be slow to head for the beach.. Again, welcome down and keep us informed

LarryPhan
08-23-2011, 06:51 PM
where are you living? close to Heron or near Navajo? im stoked to catch some KOKES im hoping the fishing is good year round. Do you know anything about ICE fishing? thanks for the info. ill let your know when I head to Heron we'll have to meet up

RalphL
08-25-2011, 01:22 AM
Many hrs south. I go up for a week or ten days at a time. No, I dont do ice fishing, actually, I dont do ice anything. Gave that crap up when I left Montana. Used to run an open 16 ft aluminum boat with the midship area lined with sand and tiles with a potbelly stove sitting on the tiles and the floor full of wood. Stoked the fire and trolled Flathead Lake in January for big Macs while we HUGGED the stove. Cought big fish, ah... to be young and bulletproof again. In the winter you can still fish Navaho or head south for Walleye.But NM winters are for hunting