PDA

View Full Version : Porky 8-13

Rooster
08-13-2011, 05:30 PM
Well, I just got back from Florida. Been working there for the last couple of weeks. It's nice to get back to this cool weather. Yes, this weather feels much cooler than it does out there.

My brother rigger the downriggers with braid while I was gone so I had to go try it out. I think I like braid much better!

Now to the fishing. Got on the water at about 7:45. Marked fish right off the bat. They were from 20-40 feet. Put a couple of RMT dodgers down, one with a pearl squid, one with a small spoon. The other rod had a flash lite popgear with another small spoon. The flash lite and small spoon performed the best. We got off the water about 10:45. The wind pretty much blew the whole time.

Got 13 in the boat and lost a bunch at the boat and had lots of soft hits. Not a bad morning. A couple are just starting to turn a little rosy. Not much longer till they won't be worth keeping. They sure taste good now though.

I was stunned to see how high the water level still is. I don't ever recall the water being this high theis late in the year. Got to love it.

101chromefish101