PDA

View Full Version : Tahoe Fishing Report Kokanee

Pappy
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Finally made it here to beautiful Lake Tahoe. The Kokanee fishing is great. Out two times and two limits. Fish being caught in depths of 35 to 60 feet. Flashers seem to bring in more fish than the dodgers. Most fish have been caught using the Mack's Imperial lure. Caught some off of the houchie lure and the signature squid. Piece of corn on the end and your set. Best bite between 6:00 to 8:00 AM. Place to go in front of Camp Richard's and Tahoe Keys where all the boats are at. Good Luck

HiTechKoke
08-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Hey Pappy - Great that you got into some Tahoe Kokes... I am jealous. How big were they and where did you go for your inspection and where did you end up launching?

Pappy
08-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Boat inspection was done at Myers near lake Tahoe on the south side of the lake. It took sometime. Launch the boat at South Lake Marina. $35 and $65 for inspections. Fishing has been very good. Took the wife out and we were done by 7:30 AM. I have fished this lake for a long time and the Kokanee are finally coming back. The last several years have been very slow but this year is great. Went back to some of my old Kokanee lures and they are doing better than the Hoichie and the squid lure that the Sport shop said that they were biting on. A little expensive to come up here and fish but that is not all what we do. A little tubing with the kids and hanging out on the lake. But really enjoy catching those kokanne and very good to eat.

HiTechKoke
08-11-2011, 01:34 AM
Sounds like a good time and glad you got fish. If you get a chance go to Taylor creek in the fall to watch the Kokanee come in to spawn. There were some 20 inch fish that showed up in previous years that people wondered where they were hiding. Were the fish still chrome or starting to turn?

Kevin

Pappy
08-11-2011, 02:37 PM
The fish are still silver and some green. The fishing is just going to get better. This is our last day and the kids all caught their limit by 0900. Went out in the evening and caught one Mack at 5 lbs, nice fish my friend was excited first laker