PDA

View Full Version : Anderson 7/30

redmanjr1
07-30-2011, 11:14 PM
Hit Anderson this morning but got a late start and didn't get on the water until 8:30. Fishing was sporadic for us...lots of down time and then when the bite was on it was fast and furious. Only boated 26 but probably lost about 12 - 15. Caught a few dinks but most were 13 - 15 inches. About a third of them were starting to turn a little pink. Quit fishing about 3:30. All in all a fun day.

idahowolverine
08-03-2011, 09:42 AM
Hey Redmanjr. What part of the lake were you fishing? The family and I are going up to Anderson for the first time this weekend. We are staying a a friends cottage in pine and just wanted a general area to where to start fishing.

redmanjr1
08-04-2011, 10:45 PM
We put in at Curlew launch and fished area from lime creek up toward the resort. Best for that day was in the lime creek area. I plan on going again Saturday. Fish may have started to move further up toward the resort. I tend to do better in that area this time of year but weather was wierd this year so maybe things are a little delayed? Anyway, you should do okay between those locations. You'll see all the boats when you put in so that should be the big indicator. Good luck and tight lines!!!!!!

Bob

FiliIslander
08-05-2011, 12:28 AM
Sorry for the late report but fishing at Anderson was great last Tuesday. It was my first time there and really didn't know what to expect. I put in at the first boat ramp before Pine and was on the water by 7:30 a.m. Saw boats fishing 200 yards left of the docks so I followed. Marked fish from 20-25 feet. Dropped down riggers at 18' and 24'. I worked my way up and fished mostly the area where the river meets the main part of the reservoir. Caught first fish within 10 minutes and fishing was steady all day. We keeped 34 and lost over 15 and called it good at 3 p.m. I used a pink uv sling blade with homemade white/pink hoocie. Tipped both hooks with white corn marinated in shrimp oil and anise. All the fish were 12' to 13', bright silver, and firm. It was an awesome day and I will going again here soon. Good luck everyone!!

idahowolverine
08-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the reports guys. Redmanjr I have a red and white crestliner center console with a 70 Yamaha. If you see us swing over and say hi.

Ken Jones
08-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Good day of fishing bad day for the Kokes. We boated 50 kokes lost 10 or so. Put in at at Curlew and fished Lime creek area and Narrows. Depth between 18 and 30. Orange and pink hoohies was the ticket yesterday.101chromefish101

idahowolverine
08-08-2011, 12:14 AM
Well we launched at curlew at 7 am and went straight a crossed the lake and headed towards lime creek. Fished until 9:30 and boated 25 kokes. We caught fish from 20 to 60 feet. Green Hornet spoon with a green squid was the hot combo. We spent the rest of the day riding jet skies and just enjoying the beautiful day. I am definitely going to spend some more time there next year.

redmanjr1
08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
idahowolverine,
did you go out Saturday? Was looking for your boat to say hi but didn't see you. We only boated 20 all day but took too long to figure out color's and depth. If I can make it up there next Saturday that will be my last Koke trip for this year. Good luck

Bob

Idahokanee
08-08-2011, 05:59 PM
On Friday, after Bass fishing most of the day, I decided to hit my usual spots for Kokes and landed 7 good sized kokes (13" - 18.5") in about 2 hours. On Saturday, I decided to hang out with the crowd near Curlew, and landed 15 in about 3.5 hours (but, I was pausing occasionally to fish for Bass near the shoreline). Sling-blade/00 dodger with homemade pink Hoochie tipped w/white corn dipped in tuna oil was the key for me. @ about a 35-45 foot depth. Could have tried harder, but I was really enjoying the weather and the scenery. ;o) Beautiful weekend.

F-Bomb
08-09-2011, 07:01 PM
Saturday was very very busy...as many 12"-14" as you wanted to spend time messing with. Had a bunch of two at a timers. Fish in great condition but small compared to LP kokes. We found about five over 14 and not a single one over 15. The 14's and 15's were tinting up but still really nice and firm under the knife. We finally went to a two pole only keep over 14 rule for the rest of the weekend because it was just crazy. I bet I set our two rigs to 41 ft over 200 times! That was almost like real work!

3 blade macks lite troll in silver/red with either hammer blade silver or gold red beaded wedding ring was doing great...then we went pink hoochie tied 10" behind the plastic flashers (we call em "paper") and BAM BAM BAM non stop. You can't even enjoy a beer and that is NOT RIGHT!

oh ya....My shrimp flavored smelly jelly "fell" (third of a bottle) in the can of shoe-peg corn and so did about 1/4 cup of WD 40...HELLO MAGIC..they wanted this stuff badly. (plain old white...can't imagine it in pink die)

Sunday was similar for a while but much much slower in the afternoon...plus we were running out of steam and quit going back over hot spots and just tooled along...still about 25 fish on.

kokatree
08-10-2011, 06:51 PM
Just wondering if the North end was the best. north of the docks?
also, was the meat still firm on the pink ones? would be very thankful for a reply. Thanks Jeff

F-Bomb
08-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Directly out from the boat ramp on your way down into the canyon from the hwy (road to pine/featherville)...lots of boats working the bank by Heyhursts (big log place on the NW bank) place but we did fine right out from the ramp and towards the skinny stuff on the way back to Fall Creek. Mainly right out in the main lake portion was best. One of 30ish that we hacked up had some color change..all the rest considered excellent. Gill bleed em and ice immediately...good as whole fish on the bbq (this I can attest)

fishinotis
08-12-2011, 10:49 AM
Ditto on everything said here about Anderson-fished with grand daughters who lost a lot of fish but we still brought home 80 for the smoker and canner..We did best on Kokanee bugs from Fish with Gary--pink one and orange were the hottest but blue did good too-all fished behind matching color flashers and a little shoepeg.101chromefish101