PDA

View Full Version : Tune up?

Rizzy
07-28-2011, 11:15 AM
I've got an old 3hp Johnson seahorse outboard motor that has been sitting for 5 years or so and I want to get it tuned up. I'm in the Boise area, any recommendations on shops to take it?

SuperD
07-28-2011, 11:23 AM
Start with replacing the spark plug and filling the carburator bowl with carb cleaner. Empty the bowl and fire up with some fresh mixed gas. Some other things to consider, I had an old outboard given to me and when I ran it, the impeller was so dried and cracked that it wasn't cooling the engine. Check everything rubber for age and cracking.

Rizzy
07-29-2011, 10:52 AM
Thanks for the info....i will give it a try.

Petty4life
07-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Start with replacing the spark plug and filling the carburator bowl with carb cleaner. Empty the bowl and fire up with some fresh mixed gas. Some other things to consider, I had an old outboard given to me and when I ran it, the impeller was so dried and cracked that it wasn't cooling the engine. Check everything rubber for age and cracking.

id also change the foot oil101goodpost101

Rizzy
07-30-2011, 09:35 AM
I found a good website and got a carb kit from Napa.....hope to make it out before the bite stops at arrowrock or lucky...never fished for kokes.....looks fun

http://www.outboard-boat-motor-repair.com/Evinrude%203%20HP%20Lightwin%20Outboard%20Boat%20M otor/default.htm