PDA

View Full Version : First Kok out of Priest

Mudinchev
07-27-2011, 01:03 PM
My kids are with my parents at Priest lake and just got a call from my son, He had just caught his first Kokanee!! thumbsup I was his age (8) the last time I fished that lake for those!! Cant wait to get up there next week and do a little fishing!!!

Kokonuts
07-27-2011, 01:25 PM
Thats Great! How Big??
I read your line about the boat trailer, that was quick thinking on a way to fix it!
Send me a E mail & I can send some picts of the derby!
rk4570@msn.com

Mudinchev
07-27-2011, 01:46 PM
Thats Great! How Big??
I read your line about the boat trailer, that was quick thinking on a way to fix it!
Send me a E mail & I can send some picts of the derby!
rk4570@msn.com

Didn't measure it I asked him "Yale size" or "Merwin size" he said Merwin size. So my guess is 13-15" Orange and silver wedding ring with an orange blade behind a dodger. I sent him with a bunch of my gear so I am a little light on tackle in the boat right now. So far the little man is out fishing his Papa! 101bananna101

Mudinchev
07-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Got another call today, they found 1 more Kok and a couple of cutthroat (catch and release).

Mudinchev
08-07-2011, 09:08 PM
My Dad and my son Shawn spent the first week fishing with out me and then I spent the last week fishing every morning, we had a blast! These fish fight! We used a combination of down riggers and leaded line. About half of the ones that hit on long lines at about 25' deep were dancing across the water by the time you could get the pole out of the holder! And then when you get them to the boat they would dive and dodge all over the place! We had a few rough days but the last day was AWESOME! We got out on the lake before the sun was up over the mountains and talk about a spectacular sun rise, these photos don't even do it justice.

Mudinchev
08-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Here was our catch for the last day we ended up with 9 as usual we landed 1 more right after taking the pic.

And also a pic of one of the many so called endangered cutthroat, these are beautiful fish!! They may be endangered in other areas but this lake is FULL of them, it is hard to not catch them. Needless to say they will all live to fight another day.