PDA

View Full Version : Introduce yourself

Petty4life
06-11-2008, 07:48 PM
I've been watching the registrations very closely and I know most of the people on here but there are 2 or 3 that i don't recognize so if everyone can introduce yourselves.

AFDan52
06-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Ok guess I'll go first. My name is Dan Wyman I live in Ogden and love to fish. I've worked at Hill AFB for the last 28 years , been involved with the Air Force for 32 years mostly loading Aircraft. There are a lot of you that I know or know of, if you see me please come by and say hello.

Petty4life
06-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Almost forgot mine, My name is Jason i live in Ogden utah. I work for A local grocery chain and am a diesel mechanic. I have a huge garage out back of my house and it is very lonesome with no boat in it.

Kokaholic
06-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I am Mark Ramsey. I live in West Haven, Utah. I work For Ogden City. I love to fish and Hunt and be in the outdoors. I have a new found love in fishing for the little silver rockets! However enjoy fishing for just about anything. I have fished alaska, Florida, Louisiana,Maryland, The caribbean, Atlantic, Pacific and all the western united states. My all time favorite is any place in Wyoming where I can fish. I spent alot of time Growing up in the cowboy state and have grown pretty fond of it. Would move there in a heart beat if the oppertunity arose.

Trophy Taker
06-11-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm Thomas Potter I live in Kearns, Ut. I work for Salt Lake City and run my own consulting business. I have lived in several states but Texas will always be home as I am also a Texas A&M Grad. I have fished in nearly every state from Lousiana to Alaska but none of them along the eastern sea-board. I spent over 10 years on Active duty for the Army, several in the reserves and in two years I will be retiring from the Nevada National Gaurd. I also love to Fish and Bow Hunt.

Kokehead
06-11-2008, 10:37 PM
My name is Kelly Searcy, I live in Roy Just west of Ogden for those that don't know were that is. I'm 28 years old and was told I was born with a rod and reel in my hand. I have been fishing for kokes for over ten years, but been fly fishing most my life. But what can I say, I'm a KOKEHEAD.

SockeyeSlayer
06-12-2008, 12:12 AM
I am Jared Johnson snd I have been chasing Kokanee all my life.... I have been involved in the fishing industry for more then ten years now and enjoy every day as it seems to bring a new friend/or expirence, I fish Flaming Gorge as often as possible( My wife Say's I have Dual citizenship!!!!) being there as much as I am But I have come to respect the Lake and all that it is.... and like many of you I have fished from Belize and Cabo to the caribbean, Canada and Alaska and everywhere in between!! We are blessed to have the freedom's to pursue our passions and for that I will be FOREVER grateful
Jared Johnson/SockeyeSlayer/RMT

Lundman
06-12-2008, 10:29 AM
Hi Fellow Koke Heads,

My name is Craig Lederman, I live in Murray and work for EDS as a software engineer. I am one of the few techies that enjoys the outdoor (both hunting & fishing) - I grew up on the Columbia river fishing trout, sturgeon, and steelhead. I ended going to school at University of Montana in Missoula and fished most streams & rivers within 100 miles of Missoula - I also elk & deer hunted as musch as I could. After moving to Murray and finally being able to afford a boat I purchased my Lund and have been trolling ever since. I have fished the Gorge for about 5 years and really started catching kokanee about 3 years ago. I finally ended up catching some big ones 2 years ago and really enjoy eating them on the BBQ cook on a cedar plank. I look forward to using this site to share ideas because I have been trying several methods that I have never shared and have been sucessful using.

Propnut69
06-12-2008, 10:33 AM
My name is Tim Anson,I live in Green River Wyo,and I'm very blessed to have the gorge in my backyard. Even tho I have fished the gorge for over 20years,I never got serious about kokanne until about 5 years ago. Now it has become a passion,as I rarely target any other type of fish. Because of this passion,I have been lucky enough to meet some great people,that have enriched my life as well as my fishing.

Bearclaw
06-12-2008, 10:40 AM
Chad Tuft from Ogden, Utah. I'm just trying to get Petty or Kokaholic to take me to the Gorge!

Stryker
06-12-2008, 09:44 PM
I came from the Northern Flathead Valley in Montana. I've fished for Kokanee pretty much my whole life. There are numerous waters in the Big Sky state that have this great Salmon. Second to Koke fishing, I'd have to list the Bull Trout, Brown, & Rainbow, and of course the LM and SM Bass, and Northern Pike are also fun to play with.

TrophyBoat
06-12-2008, 11:31 PM
Kody Iverson, Clearfield Utah, Facilities Support for UTA. i am 24 and have only had the oportunity to fish the surrounding states, except for 1 trip to cancun this year for sailfish and tuna. I enjoy kokanee fishing the most because back when i was a little kid me and dad would go up to porquipine ice fishing in our 2 wheel drive old beat up chev and plow our way up the snow covered dam just to go catch kokanee, back then you could keep alot and i remember bringing home buckets full of em, I think that imprinted them in my head.( or probably imprinted in my head cause i had to clean all of them) I like these fish especially now because as a troller, you never know when you are gonna hit a school and the all hell breaks loose on the deck with a double or triple hook up (yet to experience the quadruple)plus kokanne give up a good fight all the way till the end. I have only had the oportunity to fish for them from a boat for the last 5 years so not as knowledged as i would like to be but hey its fishing once you run out of skill you always have the 80% luck to rely on right??????????

BigBow81
06-13-2008, 10:46 AM
Hello Everyone, My name is Casey Humes, I grew up in Fort Bridger Wyoming! I can honestly say i have caught more Kokanee and any other species of fish on this earth. However i seem to be stuck in Pleasant Grove Managing a Lansing Building Products warehouse. So if anyone needs anything for the exterior of their home i am there hookup. Look forward to meeting all of you.

Casey

Kokaholic
06-13-2008, 10:56 AM
Chad Tuft from Ogden, Utah. I'm just trying to get Petty or Basseater to take me to the Gorge!

We will get you over there. Plenty of trips to make over there. We always need a new kokanee guy to train

TheFireman
06-13-2008, 06:18 PM
I am Wally Hale, I live in Mtn.View, Wyoming. I work in the oil and gas field on the north slope of the uintas. I also like to hunt especially bowhunting elk. I have also been a member of the fire department for 19 years and am now the Assistant Chief which keeps me busy. Alaska is the only distant place i've fished, with the gorge only 45 min. away it's hard to go anywhere else.

Digi-Troller
06-14-2008, 01:10 AM
For those who don't know, I am Brett Kidder. I've been fishing kokes for about 5 years now and I've enjoyed learning all I can about them. I've seen my success rates go way up, and I owe much of that to many of you here. I've also enjoyed helping others learn about these fish and how to catch them. Kokes are a lot of fun and I look forward to participating here with you guys!

Lunkerhunter2
07-01-2008, 09:43 AM
You know me. Looking forward to learning about these strange acting fish.

ladyluck2
07-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Hello All! My name is Janel and like you all I love to fish. I live in Roy Ut and work out at HAFB! Kokes are my fav to fish and for the first time ever I will be doing alot of solo fishing for them this year :confused: so im looking for all the tips I can get guys!!

Petty4life
07-01-2008, 06:09 PM
welcome aboard LH2 and Ladyluckthumbsup

larrinator
07-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Hi,

My name is Larry Rupp and I don't live anywhere near you guys! I live in Auburn, WA, and I've just discovered kokanee fishing this year. We have a lot of lakes around here that have kokanee, some with kokes over 20 inches. My best to date is hovering around 13", but I'm hoping to break that soon.

I am new to boats, new to downriggers, and new to kokes, so I am always looking and reading for new info and new tactics. Maybe one day I'll make it out to Flaming Gorge and then all this lake-specific info will come in very handy!

Tight lines,

larry

FishHunter
07-09-2008, 11:21 AM
My name is Wayne Keeler. I am a CPA in Grand Junction, CO. My brother got me hooked on kokanee fishing about 5 years ago at Flaming Gorge. This is the first year that I have started looking at forums and actively searching for better techniques to fish. I fish Flaming Gorge about 3 times a year and Blue Mesa in Colorado 3 times a year. I am looking forward to learning from everyone and hopefully seeing you on the lake.

Petty4life
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Welcome Kelly and Wanye good to have you guys on board and some members from other statesthumbsup

JIGGIT
07-09-2008, 11:42 PM
my name is Ken Jones. live in so jrdn. just started this koke fishing. lots of fun. i love to hunt big fish. im an auto broker/ wholesaler. mostley sell to dealer and they mark up for public. found fg 5 yrs ago hunting macks now im chasing bullets. lol

jedburton
07-18-2008, 01:53 AM
hey all, I am jed burton as my handle indicates. I love to fish and fish whenever I have the opportunity (which hasn't been much lately). Jared Johnson got me into kokanee fishing a few years ago and I was hooked pretty much from the first bite. I have fished mostly in utah and wyoming with a few deep sea trips to oxnard and one trip in the gulf down by mustang Island. I worked for RC Willey for the last 7 years, but quit about a month and a half ago to finish my bachelors degree in biology. I have a couple of cute kids that love to fish and truly enjoy the outdoors, and there is always an open invitation on my boat when I get time to go fishing,
Jed

canonbob
07-18-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi, I'm Robert Pullin I live in Roosevelt and work at Murray Motors as an Auto Tech and have for the last 9 years. I just got back into fishing last year decided to go after kokes this spring and have done ok so far. The largest 3.5 lb, fished Jarvies mostly, new to forums, so I am learning as I go. Will be at the Gorge on Saturday (early) in the Jarvies area (boat Pair-A-Dice), if your in the area say hi and share koke advice.

SCRODYCAT
07-22-2008, 01:55 AM
Hello My name is Ryan Neil I live in Pleasant View. I work for Carrier Corporation as an HVAC/Refer.Tech for the past 10 years. I enjoy all types of fishing. I usualy spend alot of time on the BFT website, but Jason asked I check out This new Koke. Fishing Forum...I got to say I am excited to learn more about Kokanee fishing. I been out on the water with Jason a time or two and I know he's the man to learn from. I do own a 19' Skeeter fish/ski boat with 150hp Yamaha...I am always looking for a second or third person to tag along. I have been married for 9 years and have 3 wonderful kids. My absolute favorite Place to be is at our family cabin in Island Park and fishing Henry's lake. Last of all...The only thing thats better than Hooking into a good size Kokanee....is their distinct flavor YUM YUM!!!

kochanut
07-22-2008, 03:31 AM
name is Zak. i currently reside in germany, and am working out of baghdad iraq. i call colorado home and utah home at the same time. i love fishing for koks at eleven mile (to bad they all died out) and blue mesa in colorado, have yet to have the chance to go after them in utah or at the gorge. i have fished in every country i have been stationed in so far, and a few i have just been passing through (japan, korea, france, italy, germany, austria, iraq) and go every chance i can. the times i do come home io spend my so called vacation getting up at o'dark thirty to try and fish until after sunset.

jedburton
07-23-2008, 10:41 PM
hey Robert I am also from that same area. i grew up in Upalco, Good to see another basonite on here,
jed

dubob
07-26-2008, 07:25 PM
Just found this place thanks to Grandpa D. This is my first post here. Retired twice - once from the Air Force (that's how I came to be in Utah) and then again from silly service (federal). Retirement is a real drag with nothing to do but fish, hunt, shoot Skeet; day after day after day.thumbsup

My bride and I are in Park City this week and I'll be hitting the Berry for kokanee on Monday I hope. I'll be in a Tracker Targa V16 w/ a 75 Merc and Cannon downriggers. I have a BFT sticker (am I allowed to say that here?) on each side on the windshield. Give a shout if you see us up there.

huntnbum
07-27-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi all, I'm Rick, I've only fished for kokes through the ice (no boat), but hope to get the tube after them soon.
Look forward to learning and sharing all kinds of things with you all.
thanks.

smokepoles
07-31-2008, 12:05 AM
Hey, I'm Chuck and a Prof at Utah State University. Bird hunting with my Labs is #1 priority closely followed by fly fishing and the random boat fishing when I can get an invite. Love the kokes, and (thanks to Jared and RMT) already have to much koke gear in comparison to the few times I've been out. Also, I have appreciated the help/advice of several members of this forum.

HookJaw
07-31-2008, 07:30 AM
I'm Matt Brimhall (AKA HookJaw Brimhall From BFT), I'm also another Ogdenite.
I've always loved the slimy silvers, mostly fish Causey for Kokes, but I try to get out to the Gorge at least once every year. Looking forward to learning everything possible about catching these land lockin, lure stalkin, silver beasts!
Good to know you all!

GO_DEEP
08-01-2008, 04:47 PM
Hi, I’m Bart Schenck. I have had success catching kokes at the Gorge but have not any success around here. (North Ogden) I have had a dilemma I have picked up fly fishing last year and love it. So my dilemma was with my boat. I have since tried to incorporate the two, I have now ran my fly rod on the downrigger, which is quite fun. So I look forward to getting to know more of you and learning how to catch more kokes.

Looking4silver
08-03-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi I,m Shawn AKA(ateve1 on BFT). I live in Roy and it seems in the last few of yrs i've been trying to target certain species every other yr. Lunkerhunter got me hooked on muskies but now it is time for kokes. So I may be asking alot of questions. thanks petty4life for hooking me up on this site!!

D-Weed
08-05-2008, 04:00 PM
hey guys Dickweed here, Well I finally made it, thanks Jason and Propnut. Kinda new to this computer stuff. Talked to Propnut, he was up to Font. monday caught a few bows. I am going out Wed./ Thurs after kokes, will have a Newby with me, hope to see ya out there.

Propnut69
08-05-2008, 07:09 PM
About time you joined the fun.Lots of knowledgeable fisherman here,a few of them you even know.thumbsup

Kokaholic
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Glad your here D-Weed. I have to laugh when I said D-weed on here and it stuck to go with D#$@ weed. Thats some funnt stuff.

Petty4life
08-05-2008, 07:38 PM
hey guys Dickweed here, Well I finally made it, thanks Jason and Propnut. Kinda new to this computer stuff. Talked to Propnut, he was up to Font. monday caught a few bows. I am going out Wed./ Thurs after kokes, will have a Newby with me, hope to see ya out there.

Glad you made it Gary. we still need to hookup and fish togeatherthumbsup

Grandpa D
08-05-2008, 07:42 PM
Some of you know me as Grandpa D from the old Doug Miller Forums.
On BFT, I'm DKSRenegade aka DKSTroutfitter.
Grandpa D was already taken on BFT.
I have been hunting and fishing Northern Utah for about 50 years now.

I love to fish for all types of fish and I feel very lucky to live here in Utah, where there are such diverse fishing opportunities.

I started fishing for Kokanee about 6 years ago at Causey Reservoir.
My Brother in law introduced Kokanee fishing to me and my 2 sons.

I live in Roy and work for Roy City in the Public Works Dept.
I manage the Community Fishing Pond in Roy as part of my duties.

My wife and I love to camp and we are members of Camper World.

I don't hunt very much any more.
It just isn't what it used to be.

Most of my outdoor time now is spent fishing.

Dale

BASSDUDER
08-06-2008, 11:47 PM
My name is Colby Livingston I'm 24 years old married with 3 little animals. I am recent part Owner of Curlys Lures with my Brother Jason and Father Max(Long Time Dream of mine).
We have been fishing ever since I can remember. I do have to admit though that
even though kokes are awsome and know dout one of my favorites, Bass are my
passion. Alone with putting in countless hours of time in with Curlys Lures I also Manage Napa Auto Parts in Clearfield, where I also live (so if any of you need any thing come and see me!!!!!!). The countless number of awsome people in our fishing community, keeps a huge smile on my face and makes trips to the lake that much fun.thumbsup

KelKokeKiller
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
My name is Mykel Ramsey. My Dad is Kokaholic. I enjoy fishing with my dad and petty4life. I am going to go fish the gorge this next weekend and give my dad and the boys some lessons! fencing

Petty4life
08-08-2008, 07:01 PM
My name is Mykel Ramsey. My Dad is Kokaholic. I enjoy fishing with my dad and petty4life. I am going to go fish the gorge this next weekend and give my dad and the boys some lessons! fencing

There goes the neighborhoodlaugh hystnanatooexcited

J-Bear
08-08-2008, 07:19 PM
My name is Jaden and my dad is petty4life. I'm 10yrs old. I also enjoy fishing for kokanee salmon. I wish my dad would hurry and get another boat. I'm looking forward to fishing the gorge with kel and woopin the old mans butt.

Propnut69
08-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Welcome to both Mykel & Jaden. I know both of your dad's and if you both turn out to be as good of sportsman as they are,then the future of kokanne fishing will be in good hands. thumbsup

D-Weed
08-10-2008, 03:46 AM
My name is Gary Gonder. I live in Green River Wyo, I love to fish. It does not matter what kind, if theres water and I have a fishin pole I'm in Heaven.

D-Weed
08-10-2008, 03:51 AM
Hey Petty let me or Propnut know where your headed our way and we will plan a trip

MackPrince
08-12-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi all. I'm from Vancouver Wa, recently moved from Spokane. In Spokane I spent my summer nights jigging for kokes with lights and glow rigs. Now I've finally gotten my boat back after my move and am beginning to figure out some of the large resivoirs nearby.
Boat- 1960's Sea Nymph 8hp Suzuki
Fishfinder- 6'6" Eagle Claw, lead core and sharp hooks. Old school, at least until I get a few more pay raises. :)

cptdarel
08-13-2008, 11:15 AM
my name is Darrell, from San Jose, Ca. auto body estimator, don't really know how I found this site, life long fisherman, currently have a commercial salmon boat, but the fisherie is not good as I'm sure all have heard. This koke fishing has bitten me to the point that my home chores are behind :). you guys are very lucky to have quality fish as you do. hope to fish FG some day soon.

HiTechKoke
08-13-2008, 10:42 PM
I might as well follow a fellow Californian. My name is Kevin Smith and I'm an admitted Koke addict. Fishing is a family affair for us most of the time, see my photo album. I live in the S.F. Bay area.. and too far for my liking to the Kokanee likes but this is where my fascination with small company start-ups in the hi-tech industry has led me for now. I enjoy fishing the Kokanee derbies we have out here and getting together with all the people involved in that arena.

Full_Monte
09-10-2008, 11:41 PM
My name is Monte and I live in Campbell, California. I know very little about Kokanee fishing, but lucked into a few this year at Huntington Lake in the West Sierras. I really like fishing for them better than for trout. I fish from a 15 ft Gregor boat with a 25hp Yamaha 2-stroke engine. I'm going to hang out here to try to find out how to do Kokanee correctly. There seems to be a lot to it.

HiTechKoke
09-10-2008, 11:51 PM
Hey Monte - Welcome aboard! I live just north of you in San Mateo so you are not too far away. THere's not a whole lot of time left this season but Berryessa is where I spend a lot of time and I'll be at Pardee on the 29th for the last Kokanee Power derby. Pardee is a great lake to get started as well as they generally have lots of Kokes. PM me for any questions and I'll share my knowledge with you.

Kevin

raheel
09-11-2008, 05:06 AM
Hey everyone my name is Albert and I am from Pakistan. I love fishing when I feel stress then I go to see said and try catch the fish.

Full_Monte
09-11-2008, 11:39 AM
Hey Monte - Welcome aboard! I live just north of you in San Mateo so you are not too far away. THere's not a whole lot of time left this season but Berryessa is where I spend a lot of time and I'll be at Pardee on the 29th for the last Kokanee Power derby. Pardee is a great lake to get started as well as they generally have lots of Kokes. PM me for any questions and I'll share my knowledge with you.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks! How do I PM you? Can't find the button...

I have a couple hand-crank Scotty downriggers I should set up on the boat, if I can find the clamps and mounting plates in my garage.:confused:

Petty4life
09-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi Kevin,

Thanks! How do I PM you? Can't find the button...

Click on the persons name you would like to pm, a drop box will apear and you will have an option to pm member

Full_Monte
09-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks, P4L. I found it.

halojm
09-25-2008, 08:11 PM
I do hope you fix that problem of being lonely over the winter. Good luck. Did you check out the boat trader on line site?

halojm
09-25-2008, 08:22 PM
Okay, well I guess I've waited long enough to intoduce myself. I'm Rob Chambers and I've been chasing kokes for as long as I can remember, as most of you have also. I also work at Hill and spent 26 years falling out airplanes for the army and for fun all over the world. Some of you have probably seen me when we jump the fairs, rodeos, and 4th of july events around the Ogen area. Fortunately, I finally grew up and sold all my skydiving gear and bought as boat. Not nearly as rough on the body but a lot tougher on the wallet. One of my greatest pleasures in my life that I can attribute to kok fishing was meeting one of my best friend Jared Johnson (Sockeye Slayer). His family and mine have become very close over the years and I'm not sure who's kids are whos anymore. Anyway power to all who chase those little silver rockets. Lets FISH.
Rob/RMT

Petty4life
09-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Okay, well I guess I've waited long enough to intoduce myself. I'm Rob Chambers and I've been chasing kokes for as long as I can remember, as most of you have also. I also work at Hill and spent 26 years falling out airplanes for the army and for fun all over the world. Some of you have probably seen me when we jump the fairs, rodeos, and 4th of july events around the Ogen area. Fortunately, I finally grew up and sold all my skydiving gear and bought as boat. Not nearly as rough on the body but a lot tougher on the wallet. One of my greatest pleasures in my life that I can attribute to kok fishing was meeting one of my best friend Jared Johnson (Sockeye Slayer). His family and mine have become very close over the years and I'm not sure who's kids are whos anymore. Anyway power to all who chase those little silver rockets. Lets FISH.
Rob/RMT

i hear catus's are hard on the landinglaugh hystlaugh hystlaugh hyst

SilverBullets
09-26-2008, 11:27 PM
Great site here! My name is Gary, from Bend Oregon. I too am obsessed with these fish, and decided to join up after recognizing a few others from Oregon and California. I mainly fish Paulina Lake here in Central Oregon. For those that haven't been up this way, Paulina Lake is in the crater of a dormant volcano and is at 6,350 ft. in elevation. Been fishing all my life, but have been targeting kokanee for the last 5 or 6 years now. I hope to share some of what I have learned over the years here, and to learn from others as well. I make and test my own lures, and enjoy useing different techniques to catch these tasty fish. Hope to get into some good discussions here!

Petty4life
09-26-2008, 11:31 PM
Great site here! My name is Gary, from Bend Oregon. I too am obsessed with these fish, and decided to join up after recognizing a few others from Oregon and California. I mainly fish Paulina Lake here in Central Oregon. For those that haven't been up this way, Paulina Lake is in the crater of a dormant volcano and is at 6,350 ft. in elevation. Been fishing all my life, but have been targeting kokanee for the last 5 or 6 years now. I hope to share some of what I have learned over the years here, and to learn from others as well. I make and test my own lures, and enjoy useing different techniques to catch these tasty fish. Hope to get into some good discussions here!

Welcome aboard Gary, Glad to have you here look forward to your reports and posts.thumbsup

MackPrince
09-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Welcome Silver Bullets,
It is great to see more people from the northwest joining the site. When it comes down to it we're all a bunch of koke addicts. ;)
Mack

crawler
10-10-2008, 01:20 AM
Hey Sportsfans!
I'm Rick Reese in Green River, Wyo. I was born and raised in the great state of Minnesota (walleyes!). I've worked for BP America for 26 years and all but 3 in Wyoming. I call this great state home now, lots of space and very few people. I'm just getting into koke fishing. Not the most challenging of fish but you can't beat them grilled! I have to admit though... you can't beat a relaxing day of downrigging. I always have an empty seat on the boat if anyone cares to join me. Just a little gas money and friendly conversation is all it costs!
Fish on!

Petty4life
10-10-2008, 09:51 AM
Hey Sportsfans!
I'm Rick Reese in Green River, Wyo. I was born and raised in the great state of Minnesota (walleyes!). I've worked for BP America for 26 years and all but 3 in Wyoming. I call this great state home now, lots of space and very few people. I'm just getting into koke fishing. Not the most challenging of fish but you can't beat them grilled! I have to admit though... you can't beat a relaxing day of downrigging. I always have an empty seat on the boat if anyone cares to join me. Just a little gas money and friendly conversation is all it costs!
Fish on!

Welcome aboard Rick, hey anytime you need that seat filled drop me a line. I'm always looking for someone to fish with

Fallriverguy
01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Hi,
I am Brian Russell from Bend Oregon. I live about 17 miles from Wickiup Reservoir and 25 miles from Paulina Lake in Central Oregon. Wickiup is my favorite place to fish mostly because the fish size, on average, is larger than in most of the other Oregon lakes. I started fishing for Kokanee about 10 years ago. I only had a row boat and would row around Green Peter reservoir catching a few fish here and there. I learned to fish for Kokanee from a web site called the Kokanee Page. That was a great place at that time to learn tips and tricks. I have been an avid Kokanee fishermen since then.

Petty4life
01-12-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi,
I am Brian Russell from Bend Oregon. I live about 17 miles from Wickiup Reservoir and 25 miles from Paulina Lake in Central Oregon. Wickiup is my favorite place to fish mostly because the fish size, on average, is larger than in most of the other Oregon lakes. I started fishing for Kokanee about 10 years ago. I only had a row boat and would row around Green Peter reservoir catching a few fish here and there. I learned to fish for Kokanee from a web site called the Kokanee Page. That was a great place at that time to learn tips and tricks. I have been an avid Kokanee fishermen since then.

Welcome to the site FRG

One More Pass
01-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi My name is Don Brown and I am a Koke-a-holic.laugh hyst
I have been chasing these silver bullets for the last twenty years here in Calif.I live in the Sacramento area.I wil be making my first journey to the Mecca of Kokanee(Flaming Gorge) fishing this july.
Hope to chat with you here.

Petty4life
01-13-2009, 05:23 PM
I have been chasing these silver bullets for the last twenty years here in Calif.I live in the Sacramento area.I wil be making my first journey to the Mecca of Kokanee(Flaming Gorge) fishing this july.

Welcome to the site Don. Looking forward to your posts and reports. let me know when you will be at the gorge i might have to make a trip over to meet yaworthy12

Im4kokanee
01-13-2009, 06:20 PM
Hello everyone.

My name is Kent Barnes from West Jordan, Ut. My wife Nicole and I won the grand prize at the Burbot bash put on by BFT. I found this sight looking for Halojm and his photos of past Kokanee trips. He is the one who will take Nicole and I out for our first ever kokanee fishing trip. I've caught a few of them being as I was born and raised as an Idaho fisherman. But when I joined the Airforce in 1982 at 18 the only fishing I did for 12 years was 5 - 6 trips out to Gatun Lake in Panama where I caught the mosat fish in my lifetime Peacock Bass. They pretty much jumped in the boat with you. 120 fish per person per day was an average back in 89 - 92. Squadron size fish frys. Got out of the Airforce and brought Nicole to the US with me. We lived in Boise till 1997 then we moved to Utah and I got a job with Salt Lake County as the Traffic Management Coordinator.
Nicole and I are so overjoyed at being able to go on a fishing trip with HaloJM. It will be outta this world.

We don't own a boat so we pretty much just fish from the bank. We did however take on Ice fishing for the first time this year. And I bought a used small fishhunter 360 raft with a Used minnkota 30 motor to use this comming spring/summer/fall.

We have two boys 16 and 18 who are super kids. We love life and the outdoors. My screen name on BFT is Im4trout and Nicole's is I8trout.

We will be fishing Causey this spring. I had no idea there where Kokanee in there.

Glad to be here.

Petty4life
01-13-2009, 06:26 PM
welcome I4K, we should hooup this spring and chase some fish togeatherthumbsup

Digi-Troller
01-14-2009, 12:55 AM
Welcome aboard IM4trout. You won the day of fishing with Rob Chambers? I didnt attend the burbot bash, but it sounds like I missed a great time! You are in for a treat fishing with Rob. He will put you on kokes and show you what real kokanee fishing is all about. I am sure you'll be hooked! Again, welcome to the addiction of kokanee fishing!

HiTechKoke
01-14-2009, 02:04 AM

Hey Don - Good to have you aboard and to add some more Kalyfornia koke addicts. We've met a time or two through A-NET and KP... I'm sure you are probably going to the SAC ISE show so maybe I'll see you there.

Kevin

Im4kokanee
01-14-2009, 02:26 PM
Welcome aboard IM4trout. You won the day of fishing with Rob Chambers? I didnt attend the burbot bash, but it sounds like I missed a great time! You are in for a treat fishing with Rob. He will put you on kokes and show you what real kokanee fishing is all about. I am sure you'll be hooked! Again, welcome to the addiction of kokanee fishing!

No I didn't, My wife Nicole did. She is being a real sweetie and will allow me to tag along. thumbsup

Ya I know what becomes of Kokanee fanatics:

Im4kokanee
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
welcome I4K, we should hooup this spring and chase some fish togeatherthumbsup

Thank You, We can do that for sure!!!

Petty4life
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
Thank You, We can do that for sure!!!

Arn't you the one that got my trolling motor bracket for the fishhunter 360?

Im4kokanee
01-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Arn't you the one that got my trolling motor bracket for the fishhunter 360?

Yes I met your wife :)

I knew there was something about your name, but it just did not click. And thank you for the bracket. Never got to use it yet. but, will be on the water this spring. Still gotta get a battery for it. Just not sure what to buy.

Petty4life
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
Yes I met your wife :)

I knew there was something about your name, but it just did not click. And thank you for the bracket. Never got to use it yet. but, will be on the water this spring.

i thought that was you, we will have to hit causey, ill show you all the good spots in the back of the lake.thumbsup

DuckHead
01-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Lots of new guys. This is good, very good.thumbsup

KokeDealer
01-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Hey all,

my name is Jeremy, I live in Fremont California.

I look forward to this site dedicated to my favorite fish

Kokanee Killer
01-20-2009, 10:42 PM
hello felles my name is norm lord i am the fishing lead at gander mtn here in pa born and raised in connecticut where i have been fishing kokes all my life
i still go back to ct atleast 20 days a year to fish kokes with my buddies who live there,, here in pa we only have 1 koke lake and it is in peril thats why i go back to ct often with my wife and two kids ages 6 and 9 to fish kokes,,i hope to travel out west and hook up with some of you felles to catch kokes west of the mississippi some day

HiTechKoke
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
It will be good to hear some eastern reports and techniques used.

Let us know the situation in PA and why the kokes are in peril. We have an interesting situation in California that has been brewing for the last two years where DFG is getting sued over fish planting in general, not just Kokanee, until they get their environmental impact reports (EIR's) in order.

Kokanee Killer
01-21-2009, 06:48 PM
sounds good hi tech koke i wikk keep ya informed about our east coast finned friends, also i forgot to mention i am a huge steelhead fisherman too live a short drive from some of the best great lakes steelhead fishing.

HiTechKoke
01-21-2009, 09:22 PM
sounds good hi tech koke i wikk keep ya informed about our east coast finned friends, also i forgot to mention i am a huge steelhead fisherman too live a short drive from some of the best great lakes steelhead fishing.

I saw a special on Great Lakes steelhead fishing on WFN and it was very impressive!

Fishon18
02-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Hello,

My name is Scott McGowan and I live in Merced, California. I have enjoyed kokanee fishing for the last 10 years and can't get enough of it! These forums have reinforced that I'm not alone! We have fished Shaver, Pedro, Melones and McClure just to name a few and look forward to our return to the Flaming Gorge on June 19th. Great site and look forward to sharing information with you "kokeheads"! thumbsup

Scott

Bduck
02-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Roger Reiser (Bduck) here. I am a refugee from Sacramento, use to work at McClellan AFB. Now I'm at Hill AFB, Ogden, Utah. I work on F16 fighters at Flight Test. I live in Harrisville which borders North Ogden. I have fished in the midwest, upper midwest & some of the southern states. Also fished in the western states. Fished Alaska and marlin in Hawaii. Been fishing for Kokes for 20 yrs on & off. But started targeting them more in the past 6 yrs. Looking to retire from my job this year and turn fishing into a more permanent life. Not a job, not a career, but a life. Been enjoying this forum and picking up on excellent tips even from some of the younger generations. GREAT JOB guys thumbsup Hope to meet alot of you on the lakes.

Stanson
02-25-2009, 02:23 PM
Hi My name is Stan Klagenberg I live in sacramento Ca. retired firefighter from the city of Sacramento, 32 years retired in 1992 my hobbeys wood butcher and fishing I use to hunt but gave that up several years ago when ever I can fish all of the lakes within 150 miles of Sacramento that includes Berryessa, Bullards bar, New Mellonis Folsom Lake, I have fished for Koks for over twenty Years, fish Bullards Bar most of the time I know that lake and how to fish it but last year sometihing happened to the KOKs they just were not catching any of them something happened to them they planted 50,000 in 2008 so maybe it will pick up again this year.

I have all the latest gizmo gadgets to catch the KOKs. It's hard sometimes to figure them out, have all the GPS and Fish finders by Lowrance HD lcx 28c
two electric downriggers Cannons 10's and have really old boat all allunimum.
it was made in texas in the 50's 17' I reworked it last year replaced all the foam, the old foam was getting water logged. I plan to vist the gorge in june or july if a can find someone to share to cost of going there I just find that they get really big KOKS there.

Mean-while I will just have to fish the lakes close to me. Oh by the way Ithumbsup'm 68 years old and have fished for KOKS when they first introduce them to the lakes. Anyway Guys and Gals thats it
ID stanson stands for stan and son,s old business name my two sons gave me, so I use it alot but you can call me Stan or stanson ether one will work..

I will post a pic. soon as I get my decals from petty4life stickers

Stan

dunnigan jim
02-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Stan Sounds like your boat is one of the old classic. Hope to see you out on the lakes . Post a pic. of it so we know what to look for. As for the gorge trip i'm sure there is someone else that would like to buddy up on the expence , just ask. There is 3 of us going on my boat in july . I can check with some of the other boats going and see if they have an extra seat. JIM

SilverBullets
02-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Welcome Stan! Great to have you aboard...I'm sure you can teach us a thing or two about what it was like before there was 10,000 different lures to choose from to catch these fish. Looking forward to your reports and posts! And a big welcome to Bduck & Fishon18 also!!thumbsup

Stanson
02-26-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Stan Sounds like your boat is one of the old classic. Hope to see you out on the lakes . Post a pic. of it so we know what to look for. As for the gorge trip i'm sure there is someone else that would like to buddy up on the expence , just ask. There is 3 of us going on my boat in july . I can check with some of the other boats going and see if they have an extra seat. JIM

Hi Jim
yes it is a classic I will take a pic. once i get the stickers from petty4life thanks for you welcomes and if you know some one who wants to go to the gorge this summer I plan to go the first part of starting june 6th and for that week. PM me talk later
Stanthumbsupthumbsup

MrDwnRigger
02-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Hello, obviously by my handle I like to fish with downriggers. I already know quite a few on the board most of the guys from California do. If you have the addiction you are fishing most of the derbies anyway. I live in the Bay Area which my job keeps me here, unfortunately my closest Kokanee Lake is over two hours away. When I retire I plan on it being 10 minutes.

I fished the Gorge two years ago (last year fuel costs were too high) what an awesome fishery. Do plan on going back this year hopefully. Hopefully, I can contribute something to the Forum.

MrD

MackPrince
03-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Welcome MrD, we're glad you found us.

HiTechKoke
03-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Hey MrD - Good to see you here. MrD is the KP photographer and has all kinds of fun capturing our moments or lack thereof on the water. Not to mention his awesome generosity off the water with food and drink! thumbsup How many boats do you know that have an on-board fridge?

Bduck
03-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Welcome MrD thumbsup

SilverBullets
03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Welcome aboard MrD!

Big Al
03-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi to all. My name is Alvin Kelly from RockSprings,Wy. Ash told me about this site and have been hooked sense. Cant wait for the soft water

Bduck
03-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Welcome Big Al thumbsup

Petty4life
03-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Hi to all. My name is Alvin Kelly from RockSprings,Wy. Ash told me about this site and have been hooked sense. Cant wait for the soft water

Welcome Alvin.thumbsup

chauzer
03-04-2009, 07:57 PM
hello everyone! my name is guy and i live in central wisconsin. run a salmon charter boat out of algoma, wisconsin during the summer months. most of the things i've read on here are a bit different from the way we fish salmon but as long as we are catching, right?!! hopefully we can share some info about the way we fish. any little edge helps!

Bduck
03-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Welcome Guy from Utah. Looking fwd to your post. thumbsup

Petty4life
03-04-2009, 08:06 PM
hello everyone! my name is guy and i live in central wisconsin. run a salmon charter boat out of algoma, wisconsin during the summer months. most of the things i've read on here are a bit different from the way we fish salmon but as long as we are catching, right?!! hopefully we can share some info about the way we fish. any little edge helps!

welcomethumbsup

wingnut
03-04-2009, 09:10 PM
I am Tim from St Cloud, MN. Retired Air Force and retired field service engineer for medical equipment. MRI, CT. My oldest son still lives in Alaska and works there. My youngest is in the Air Force too and is just starting his career.

Petty4life
03-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I am Tim from St Cloud, MN. Retired Air Force and retired field service engineer for medical equipment. MRI, CT. My oldest son still lives in Alaska and works there. My youngest is in the Air Force too and is just starting his career.

welcome wingnutthumbsup

Kokaholic
03-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Welcome one and All. Going to be a great year here at KFF

zfk55
03-04-2009, 09:44 PM
zfk55 (aka Pierre St.Marie) in Lost Prairie Montana. 40 miles west of Kalispell and 5 miles in on the Lost Prairie road, over the pass and down into Lost Prairie to the house. Have an Irish Cofee and then hit the county road, turn right and go 28 miles to Lake Koocanusa and the Kokanee fishing.
Come back home with the live well full. Is there anything else? There might be, but not as much fun.
Good to have found you all.

zfk55

emeraldmanor
03-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Hi! I am Bobbie (emeraldmanor) and hail from Grasston, MN. Have always loved fishing since a wee lass with my Dad. First fish I caught was bigger than I was, and Dad never could kill my need to fish since then. Born and raised in Montana, with Canyon Ferry in my back yard. Above the dam or below it. Lost my way over the years, now I am starting to fish the Lake Superior for salmon. The walleye, northern, crappie and bass varietys get enough pressure from me normally, but the deep water and bigger rigs have always been in my blood. Some day would love to own a nice rig....a dream to always have. Anyone else fish the Duluth/Ashland area??

Bduck
03-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Welcome emeraldmanor. Looking fwd to your posts. thumbsup I have a brother that lives in Duluth but I don't know how much he can help. I know he has a pontoon boat and fishes the smaller lakes, wallaye,n pike, etc.

SteelieNut
03-16-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey guys, my name is Jake. I live in Preston, Idaho. I am a painting contractor that always seems to have no time or plenty of time and no moneycrymeariver. Anyway, I started fishing Kokanee when I first went to Flaming Gorge with my Grandpa in '92. I was addicted that trip. I look forward to meeting other addicts and learning some new tricks to catch these fish.

SilverBullets
03-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Welome aboard! Can hardly wait for the season to get underway!!!thumbsup

Lee B
03-18-2009, 11:58 PM
Hi; I'm Lee Busolo from Placerville CA. I am a retired engineer from a national cold storage co. Have been fishing the Gorge for 10 years. Usually stayed for 3 weeks each year while I was working then 6 weeks after I retired. This year we will be staying at Buckboard RV park with our freinds for 3 months starting June 2. My wife and I hope to meet many of you during our stay. Stop by and say hello, We will be in a HOST camper. I know everyone will have a fantastic fishing trip at the Gorge.

MackPrince
03-19-2009, 01:05 AM
Welcome Leethumbsup

Bduck
03-19-2009, 10:50 AM
Welcome Lee thumbsup I have some old fishing grounds up past you. Sly Park, Ice House, Indian Valley, Loon Lake. Miss those areas.

TroutScout
05-03-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm new to the Kokanee Forum. I have chased salmon in the Great Lakes from when they were first planted in Lake MIchigan. Since retiring from being a college math professor I have been chasing Kokes in Colorado, Wyoming, and Utah. I have a 16' pontoon boat rigged for trolling. Hunting ducks is my other hobby.

Kokaholic
05-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Welcome aboard trout scout!thumbsup

S.S. Fireball
05-04-2009, 04:30 PM
My name is J.D. and I'm relatively new to kokanee fishing, but once I discovered the fishery at Berryessa it's now a favorite. I'm a California guy, been primarily a shore fisherman for most of my life until 2005 when I bought a 22' fishing machine (a 1980 Fiberform, soon to be officially christened the S.S. Fireball). Since then I've been pursuing halibut, stripers & sturgeon in the SF Bay & Carquinez Strait and trolling for trout and kokes in northern CA when work & other necessary evils don't get in the way.

I'm excited to focus my attention on kokes for the spring & summer and glad to have found this board as a resource. It sounds like there are quite a few fellow Californians lurking around and some great info from Berryessa. I'm looking forward to sharing some big days with you guys soon!

Tight lines.

SilverBullets
05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Welcome aboard...looking forthumbsupward to the reports from down your way!

HiTechKoke
05-04-2009, 11:46 PM
My name is J.D. and I'm relatively new to kokanee fishing, but once I discovered the fishery at Berryessa it's now a favorite. I'm a California guy, been primarily a shore fisherman for most of my life until 2005 when I bought a 22' fishing machine (a 1980 Fiberform, soon to be officially christened the S.S. Fireball). Since then I've been pursuing halibut, stripers & sturgeon in the SF Bay & Carquinez Strait and trolling for trout and kokes in northern CA when work & other necessary evils don't get in the way.

I'm excited to focus my attention on kokes for the spring & summer and glad to have found this board as a resource. It sounds like there are quite a few fellow Californians lurking around and some great info from Berryessa. I'm looking forward to sharing some big days with you guys soon!

Tight lines.

Welcome aboard... Berryessa has been good and the other lakes should come on soon as well. Melones has a lot of fish but not as big just yet.

Kevin

Bduck
05-05-2009, 01:15 PM
A big welcome to TroutScout & S.S. Fireball thumbsup thumbsup

Splash
05-05-2009, 10:37 PM
Hello,

A fellow addict mentioned this site to me and I then lurked for bit and then joined and lurked some more. Figured it was past time for me to say hello.

My home water is Merwin and I venture a trip or two to Central Oregon each year as I can. Also looking to investigate more Washington lakes. Lots of beautiful country to see here in the Pacific Northwest.

MackPrince
05-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Welcome Splash.

Woo Hoo another SW WA member!thumbsup

Bduck
05-06-2009, 02:55 AM
Welcome Splash. Great place to be is right here. thumbsup

SilverBullets
05-06-2009, 11:14 AM
Wecome aboard Splash! Will be looking forward to your reports!!thumbsup

kb5
05-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Sure glad I found this site. Well my name is Jarrod and I live the Twin Falls, ID area. I have fished for Kokanee in the past at Shaver Lake (CA). We have good success there. We are now looking forward to fishing Idaho waters this year. Can't wait to share some pictures this year.

Jarrod

Fallriverguy
05-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Welcome splash.

Kokaholic
05-06-2009, 06:00 PM
A warm welcome to Splash, Fireball and KB5tooexcitedtooexcited

Kokanee Killer
05-06-2009, 11:16 PM
velcome splash

Kokefly
05-08-2009, 03:01 PM
Hello fellow Koke fisherman,Jim Reed from Washington State, Just one more forum to add to my list. I usually fish for Kokes on American Lake with my 16 foot smokercraft, its set up pretty good for Koke fishing and i also fish for Walleye in E. Wa. Great site. Thanks Jim

SilverBullets
05-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Welcome aboard kb5 and Kokefly! Will be looking forward to your posts and reports! thumbsup