PDA

View Full Version : N,M. Ariz. So Colo derby????

RalphL
07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Any N.M. Co. Ariz. kokaholics interested in an Aug,Sept, koke derby and get together. Arrainge a big campsite, cookout,, bs sessions over a campfire?? I can put it together if there is any interest.. Navaho lake

L500768
09-13-2011, 12:46 PM
This sounds great to me since I'm a beginner and would like to pick people's brains on how they're catching kokes. I would be willing to go to either Navajo or Heron since I live about three hours from both lakes. I've fished Heron three times and Navajo several times. I have a 17' bowrider which isn't really setup for slow troll so that might explain a big part of not catching much. I do use two drift socks but that hasn't helped to increase the catch rate. I do have a fish finder and can clearly "see" the fish along with other fisherman catching them almost beside us. At Navajo, my daughter and wife's patience runs out pretty quick so we always revert to bass fishing which is easy there. Heron usually ends up being a day trip from Abiquiu Lake where we mostly go since the campgrounds at Heron near the boat launch doesn't seem all that interesting. Koke fishing has been frustrating and getting more expensive but I'm willing to pay my dues to figure it out. Keep in touch,

Jim

RalphL
09-13-2011, 01:34 PM
would love to share what i can, pm me with your no.

LarryPhan
09-21-2011, 09:06 AM
im going to head out to navajo this weekend ill let you know what i catch and what i use to catch them

Fish on!!!