PDA

View Full Version : Anderson 7/22

kodiak1
07-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Kali and I fished Anderson this A.M. and brought home 35 nice-sized--and all bright--kokes. Lost a lot in late morning when they started hitting short. Some boats were also doing well, but talked to a few who were struggling. We had two Shasta Sling Blades on with pink hoochies (R & K) and doctored corn of course at 21 and 25, and both did well. The third pole was lead core at 4, sometimes 5 colors, with kokanee pop gear and a wedding ring, and it languished until I put a Sling Blade with a chartruese hoochie on it, and it came alive. All in all a great day with continual action, but now the work begins!! Mike

Idahokanee
07-22-2011, 08:41 PM
Any news on the bass fishing up there? Heading there tomorrow, hope to work on the bass as well as the kokes. :o) ....Bass has been decent at CJ, but the freezer is getting low on Kokes. ps. kodiak1, what do concider "nice sized" kokes?

kodiak1
07-22-2011, 10:13 PM
We ran up to Pine for lunch, and the waitress told us that the bass fishing has been quite good. We didn't see anyone bass fishing. As to your second question, the kokanee averaged 12-13", and I consider that a "nice-sized" koke. I can remember many years at Anderson when the kokanee were very small. Good luck. P.S.: we seemed to do best fishing the "narrows" heading for the overhead balls. When you get to the large slick rock formation on the south side, fish it from there towards the dam. When you can see the balls ahead, turn back. We had a fairly fast bite there most of the A.M. Mike

Idahokanee
07-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Thanx for the info Mike. ...!2"-13" is a nice size. Lucky peak seams to be running about the same right now, with occasional bigger ones. But, I'm more than happy to sacrifice an occasional 15"-16" for the higher limits (and less boats) at Anderson. ;o)

Steve

koknewb
07-24-2011, 01:09 AM
Just got back from an overnight trip to Anderson great fishing but the bite was really on at the bank (any where we were) the misquitos would pack you off, I have never seen any place that thick with them, needless to say one night/day was enough. (stayed at pine creek campground)Boated a limit of nice fish, like some said talked to some that were struggling but a sling blade and pink hoochie on one rod and a Fishing with Gary pink stomper and pink hoochie on the other and I had action all day.

Ken Jones
07-24-2011, 12:15 PM
Have 25 kokes for wife to smoke. Same area as Kodiak1. Same colors. Same size fish 12 two 15 inches. Going back Wednesday of next week and next 3rd. of Auguest. In between these dates I will be at CJ Strike after crappie and putting out my pots for crawdads.101chromefish101

redmanjr1
07-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Ken,
How is the Crappie size this year at CJ? Haven't been out there yet this year and really haven't gotten any reports.

Thanks,
Bob

Busspass
07-25-2011, 01:04 AM
Fished Anderson 7/23 and between the four of us we kept 78. All great sized. Biggest was 17". Didn't seem to matter what we had on the line just as long as it was in between 20'-40' and trolled at 1.3 MPH. Some fish were starting to turn but the majority were still firm and silver.

P.S. My niece insisted on keeping the lil guy tooexcited

Ken Jones
07-25-2011, 06:48 PM
I was asked how big the crappie were. Think about this, 9 fillets two the pound. All were white crappies caught in the Brunua Pole before you go into the Narrows. Red and white, chartruse, black and chartruse jigs. Depth around 6 and 7 foot , using a slip bobber. Will be going again in a couple days. Do you guys want a report on this sight or should I go somewhere else? Ken

kodiak1
07-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Give us a report, please! Mike

redmanjr1
07-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Thanks Ken and yes...please give a report.

Bob