PDA

View Full Version : Fish "Stories"

lnnnsxt
07-19-2011, 02:58 AM
You know it's great to read stories when people are catching good sized Kokanee on any given lake, but that's all they are, stories, unless there are pictures to back up that story. Pictures are worth a thousand words as they say, just make sure the fish have a tape measure next to it.
Because a 19.25" Kokanee from Lucky Peak right now, would be an impressive fish, but I would like to "see" it not read about it.

FiliIslander
07-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Lol!! I was thinking the same thing. Im hearing some great stories of fish being caught out at Lucky Peak and Arrowrock but no pics:( Trust me if I caught a 19.5" - 20" I would have pics so everybody could see it. Anyways ill be hitting the waters as soon as salmon season is over (great run this year). Ill for sure be posting pics of any 18'' and over fish that I catch.

Excaliber
07-19-2011, 08:50 AM
We have been talking about the same thing all season. Last year we caught plenty that were larger than 18" and a few in the 19" range. We posted pictures.

This year at both spots( LP and ArrowRock) the fish are noticeably smaller. The biggest ones we've seen so far have been short of 17".

Three trips in a row and we've limited out really early. Everyone I've talked to on the water has said the fish are between 13-17 inches. I've not seen anything real big yet. Last two trips we've had a dozen over 16" but no hogs.

I'm sure they are some that big but it's pretty funny everyone is catching these large fish with no pictures.

koknewb
07-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Don't like being called a story teller so here ya go.

kodiak1
07-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Ha!! Koknewb, you made my day! Now don't all the doubters look foolish!!! Mike

Excaliber
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Nice one!!! That's the biggest I've seen this year. The rest of them look like par for the course.

bbrave307
07-19-2011, 06:31 PM
Nice fish!

This is my first year fishing for Kokes and I have a question for you guys. The big fish looks like it is starting to turn pink and get a hooked jaw. Are the fish still good to eat when they change? If not good to eat, when do you stop fishing for them? Also, does the way you fish for them change as spawning aproaches? Thanks for your help guys.

koknewb
07-20-2011, 12:07 AM
The big fish was nice and firm and has been smoked and now canned we will enjoy all winter long ( along with the others we caught last weekend ) Still have a few jars left from last summer. Good eating!!!!!

Chief 101
08-03-2011, 09:13 PM
Oh man, I forgot the tape measure...but the postal scale said 36 oz
http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/picture.php?albumid=217&pictureid=1659
tooexcited

Ken Jones
08-05-2011, 10:09 AM
First for me seen a rattle snake swimming across Resivour. Seen Badgers, Deer, Moose, Coyote. First for Snake. The snake was at Arrowrock last trip.101chromefish101

F-Bomb
08-05-2011, 01:52 PM
We used to see rattlers swimming out on Spangler (Mann's Creek Res for you non-natives) past Weiser often enough that it wasn't a huge surprise. The ones I see don't swim much better then our squawfish after we've run on to them! Oops I forgot to be politically correct..Pike Minnow

Three of the animals I don't want to see...a rattle snake...a wolf...and a DAMN SQUAWKER!

Everyone knows all the best fisherman have tiny little hands! he he he Not to mention thirty thousand dollars in fishing gear but not a measuring tape to speak of!

BlueBack79
08-06-2011, 10:41 PM
ha ha. you really dont here spangler used much anymore. i picked it up from my grandpa. people give me the "where the hell is that" look when i use it....until you say manns creek. havent fished it in about 10 years, but we used to catch a lot of nice bows trolling the shore lines.

F-Bomb
08-08-2011, 02:44 PM
I used to worry about getting sucked down the glory hole back when I was a pip...always enjoyed when the fiddler festival was in town way back in the day! The old time hippy girls didn't really concern themselves with swim wear!