PDA

View Full Version : At Wallowa Lake now

johnboy
07-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi guys

Up at Wallowa Lake in the camper writing in. Have some Kokanee experience in the Washington lakes and now down here at this great spot in Oregon. Having a little trouble putting sizeable fish in the livewell. Any ideas for this Kok fisher that has discovered his passion for this fishery? We start out early as usual, troll with the MinnKota with speed control by paddle wheel and Luhr Jensen troll control. Sling blades with pink and chartruse hoochies and Apex too. Marking fish at 30 ft, downrigger equiped. Help!!!!

SuperD
07-07-2011, 05:28 PM
Hope you are having fun and your internet speed isn't too slow. Here is some good reading.

http://www.kokaneefishingforum.com/fishing-forums/showthread.php?t=4857

mrmike
07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Hello Johnboy its been mentioned a few times/posted . You need to go to the tackle shop at the park. They have a willow leaf flasher (silver) set up with a spin glow that has been just a killer. Find your thermocline (most oxygen) some times wobblers like sling blades don't always work. They will set you up at the store they know whats working. Thats a good place to start. just use a worm and a little scent and of coarse corn. got to find that level were the fish are at. best colors blue water red/blue

johnboy
07-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Thanks you guys. Going up to the park store now and add some more tackle to my hoard. Not a bad thing. Will try to log on tomorrow afternoon and give a report. Thanks again. Glad to have found this site and some great help. Hope I can do the same for others.

Salmurai
07-07-2011, 07:41 PM
Add three maggots. Not one, not two, not four but THREE. Good luck..... Salmurai

oceantunatroll
07-09-2011, 08:42 PM
Well here is the report from Wallowa Lake. On 07/08/11 we put 6 keeper Kokanee and three rainbow in the live well after a tough day. We now think, after talking to a lot of locals, that the high water level and massive runoff from the Eagle Cap mountains has caused some upset in the KoK fishery. The water master at the outlet, let out even more water this morning (08/09/11). This is my best excuse so far. I'd buy that. Thanks again to the guys that responded to my SOS from the lake. Good to be in your company.