PDA

View Full Version : Green Peter Success

Metal Manipulator
07-03-2011, 11:17 PM
Saturday fishing report.

Started the day at 5 am and hooked up immediatly. We landed 8 fish in the first half hour. Then the bite slowed and we caught 2 more fish in the next hour. The rest of the morning I spent chainging out dodgers and baits to no evail. I let my freind off at noon then I proceded to the dam trolled around all afternoon in the wind to no avail. Decided to troll back to the ramp. Half an hour later I had a fish on nearly got it to the net and I happened to look over and the other rod was doing the happy dance. I quickly netted the fish and dropped the net pole and all in the bottom of the boat. Two quick steps and I had the other rod out of the rigger and brought that fish up and netted it also. 14.5" Koke and an 18" chinook that was a nice start. In the next hour I put 13 more fish in the boat. It was a long day and being tired I decided to call it quits. I ended the day with 24 Kokanee in the boat.

The Evening bite was much better than the morning bite and I may have to change tacticts and fish the evenings.

Crab Loui, TR1 and I

Kokaneegal
07-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Metal Great report!!! What is the average size of the Kokanee? Did you get many 14" or bigger? We are planning a trip soon.

Metal Manipulator
07-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Metal Great report!!! What is the average size of the Kokanee? Did you get many 14" or bigger? We are planning a trip soon.

Fish ranged from 12.5" to 14.25" with more at 14" than less. UV sling blades and pink hoochies mostly with a couple on purple haze wiggle hoochie.

dob60
07-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Metal- Thanks for the report. Where did you catch your fish in the PM? Did the wind die down in the evening? How deep were the fish? I fished 7AM to 4PM saturday and only caught 1- 60' down...it was a15" fish..
Thanks dob60

Metal Manipulator
07-05-2011, 08:48 PM
Metal- Thanks for the report. Where did you catch your fish in the PM? Did the wind die down in the evening? How deep were the fish? I fished 7AM to 4PM saturday and only caught 1- 60' down...it was a15" fish..
Thanks dob60

The fishing is best off the points between creeks. The depth I tried to stay at was 200 to 230ft. I fished at 50ft. As time went on the fish moved up to 45 feet but I still set my rigger to fish 50ft. I used troll gear (willow leaf etc) off the ball and placed the clip up about 3ft. I put the down rigger at 55ft and the depth finder showed I was fishing at 50ft. 6" sling blades with 6" leaders to the pink/clear hoochies worked the best.

den63
07-09-2011, 10:27 AM
Went to GP after work Friday got on the water 5:45 fished to 8:00 landed 3 kokanee first on @ 60ft the secend @ 53 and the therd @ 45 dodger with pink hoochie the wind was blowing.

bigbobwilliams
07-09-2011, 12:26 PM
Fished all day Tuesday July 5th. Boated 6 all in the mid afternoon. Lost a few earlier. Wind as always was a problem for a one man boater. Thinking autopilot very seriously. Caught 2 in Detroit around island on Friday along with a bunch of nice trout. Nobody was catching much, but we did fine. Even a lame kokaholic can catch trout!

den63
07-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Fished GP today fished with the Okuma Kokanee rod verey nice vere sencative landed 7 out of the 12 we boated 2 were 16in. we were fishing 60ft black red and yellow bug from VT and home hade bead setup.