PDA

View Full Version : Arrowrock 7-1-2011 (Ken)

Ken Jones
07-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Good day on the water, 3 limits of Kokes again, 2 trout 10 squawfish. Some of you guys out there that aren't doing very good trolling for Kokes here is a little advice. As mentioned in a previous post Presentation is very important. Speed is very important. Too fast once in a while a fish,too slow lots of squawfish. I use a hand held GPS, speed is 1.5 too 1.8. If you can't afford a GPS theres a little trick I will share with you. Get yourself a thomas cyclone lure in quarter ounce weight. Put a small swivel on to another pole. Put in water along side of boat. Watch the lure, if its wiggulling to fast your trolling too fast. Slow your speed down a little. I hope this helps some of you guys thats having a hard time catching them Kokes.101chromefish101

jimbojump
07-02-2011, 11:56 AM
6-30-11 Ok...well...it went a bit better...still lackluster to my usual standards...couldnt find any bites at any depth in the bowls by the campgrounds and the South Fork but did ok up front by the dam...not the giants Ive been spoiled with but hey...Im happy

metalheadgene
07-02-2011, 12:15 PM
We did ok...just shy of 3 limits and we did get quite a few larger fish. Looks like the water maggots are going to be thick for the holiday week-end. Plan on trolling in rough sea's for the remainder of the week-end!

Ken Jones
07-02-2011, 02:58 PM
I was standing up in my friends boat steering with a electric troll. I was in a light colored Hewes doing the steering around grouse creek and the dam.101chromefish101

metalheadgene
07-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Ok Ken, I believe we said howdy a couple times. I was in the Willie with the dark camo paint job, honda kicker and 2 other guys.....

Ken Jones
07-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Yep, Metalheadgene I think we waved at each other. The first hour we had one limit into the cooler. We had a couple fish on at a time and I netted the for the guys. When are you going again?

metalheadgene
07-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Not sure yet Ken...possibly wednesday or saturday. I know I'm going to cascade on friday for sure.

You and if its soon good luck?

jimbojump
07-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey guys...did well myself...2 limits per day...5 18 inchers as well...also hooked a giant 20 incher im sure who was soooo upset about being hooked he went absolutley crazy nuts hurling himself out of the water and broke my hoochiehook in half....amazing power! I was in the yellow sun runner with three others...damn ski boats were trying to kill me all weekend again...I just dont understand with the whole lake out there WHY for the love of God do they have to blow by us so close over and over...makes no sense to me....whatever happened to etiquette and consideration for others...any way...apparantly they are back to biting at 16 feet again...I dont understand what would make them go down to 50 all the sudden...then come back up a week later...its still hotter than hell up there...

Busspass
07-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Damn Jimbo! That's a HUGE lunker! Sounds like a good timethumbsup

metalheadgene
07-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Good work Jim...I believe when the water maggots are out full force creating havoc on the lake, running over or near your gear..it puts the Kokes down and turns the bite off....just my opinion...no science but it seems that way every time I go or.....it's happenes everytime it's a hot day and I just like blaming it on the water maggots.101chromefish101nananana

jimbojump
07-06-2011, 08:04 AM
Well Gene...the funny thing is there were jet skis and maggotts everywhere and yet they were still biting all day at that depth...trout were scarce though...only got two all weekend...btw I have an amazing recipe for grilled Koke if anyone is interested... ;-)

Ken Jones
07-06-2011, 09:08 AM
The maggots were there yesterday. We caught a lot fish most were Squawfish. But, the Kokes were huge. Thats my last trip to Arrowrock. With my boat. If my friend who lives in Boise wants to go there I will drive from mountain home and meet him either at lucky peak or Arrowrock. Will be spending most of my time at Anderson Ranch and CJ Strike.

Excaliber
07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
For you guys who fish at Arrowrock, are you launcing at the dirt lauch where everyone sits by thier camp fires just around the corner from the dam?

I've seen a couple people launch there but I wasn't sure about it or the bottom in that spot.

Is there a certain area you need to stay on or between or is it all the same? I remember some issues with vehicle vandalism there last year.

Ken Jones
07-07-2011, 12:04 AM
My friend fished Arrowrock today and caught two limits and 1 trout. He said he caught several Squawfish also and killed them all. The bit is still on at Arrowrock.101chromefish101

IDHUNTER
07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Hey guys we went out on the 25th and caught 13 by 1:00 and lost just as many. We were fishing around 25' in the morning and then we did really well at 40' later in the morning and afternoon. They were hitting on chartreuse hoochies/dodgers and pink hoochies/dodgers equally as well.

Are the fish still around these depths or should I be trying something different on Saturday?

PS...also caught 5 rainbows and 2 squaws (fed to the eagles)

jimbojump
07-07-2011, 10:55 PM
Last weekend I did really good at 16 feet...its 18 on my riggers...the hoochies/dodgers were stellar...I was using pink and also blue and silverflash...both worked great...I dont have a gps so I dont know for certain how fast im going but I did pick up the pace a good bit and seemed to get more fish on and less sqauws...Im guessing we were around 1.8 mph...hope this helps

IDHUNTER
07-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Jimbo,
Thanks for the advice, i'll start out there and see what happens. I dont have a GPS either...i just know that i always do best on setting number 3 on my trolling motor :) I'll be sure to post a report when i get back.

jimbojump
07-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Oh...and also we were finding a school regularly across from the boat ramp along the backside about 100 feet from shore and around 300 yds towards the ramp side from the inlet south of the dam...also did well heading thru to the east side of the ramp bay where the depth goes shallow from 150 to 80 ish...all hits were at 16 feet...no other depth was worth a lick...good luck and let us know how she goes...I wont be out there this weekend as my fam all have 2nd degree sunburns mending despite the 110 spf sunblock they were using...whitey newbies virgin skin cant take the heat..LOL

sawtooth
07-09-2011, 12:25 AM
Been out of state for the last ten days and am hoping to get up to the lake on monday or tuesday. What is the condition of the fish? Have they started to turn yet or are their scales still in good condition?

jimbojump
07-09-2011, 10:14 AM
they are getting huge...no color change as of yet...the big ones mouths are getting long and much harder but no hook to the jaw either...you are good to go. Judging by the bigger fishes egg sizes we still have a month or so to go im guessing.

Mojo
07-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Everything is really late this year. It will be interesting to see how that affects the fish, and when they start to turn.

metalheadgene
07-10-2011, 12:30 PM
The bite is still on. I think I am done though unless it is a weekday. The water maggots are in full force (which intrigue's me because Spring Shores appears to be no where near full when I drive by it everytime?)

The boat ramp follies yesterday were of epic proportions.

Kokaneeslayer
07-10-2011, 06:47 PM
101chromefish101

For the last couple Saturdays the wife and I limited out by 6 pm, on the water by 9 am. . GREAT luck using a red and white "assassin" wedding ring. Also wedding rings with brass spinners and green beads. Caught 3 over 20". Lost 8 or so, 10 squaw fish. I find trolling a bit faster 1.9 to 2.2 mph limits the squaws a little bit, but when a Koki hits, hang on.

signfishin

Ken Jones
07-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Good going guys. I said that I wasn't going back to Arrowrock but I was wrong. I"m going this coming Thursday. Will have my new starter in, so will see what happens. Will be fishing Anderson I hope, this Tuesday. Later Guys.101chromefish101

IDHUNTER
07-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Sorry for the late report but better late than never...fished Saturday from 7:30 until 1:30. Boated 5 nice kokes (15-18 inches) by 9:30 and lost at least 10. After 9:30 i think we only hooked 3 more unitl 1:30. not sure if they just quit biting or if we were in the wrong spot. We did best around 25' on slingblade/hoochies.

Ken Jones
07-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Well the day was a hot one. The fishing wasn't or catching wasn't that great. We lost more than we netted The fish haven't started changing color yet, like some in Anderson. If I was too go back the Area to start fishing either the Mouth of the south fork or above Cottonwood creek. They should start stacking up in the near future. Good luck guys and gals.101chromefish101