PDA

View Full Version : Green Peter 6- 29 cant count!

daveo
06-29-2011, 07:57 PM
Almost got a limit but ended up 1 short when cleaning. Man it is hard to keep track of what is in the cooler. Fished hard from daybreak to noon. Ran to the dam first thing and just didnt see much on the tv so moved back up to the island area. Not big numbers of schools with most running 48 to 60 feet in the early morning which was kinda suprising. Fruit salad dodger with pink hootchies did almost all the early damage with same dodger with Shasta wiggle hootchie working on the last few. Lot of boats in the restroom area and it looked like a decent bite at times there. Using pink tuna corn for bait.Hope this helps.

Fishin-RN
06-29-2011, 08:19 PM
awesomereport

Get a clickercounter, I don't leave home without it anymore :} signfishin

kokaneekid
06-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Sound like a great day of fishing... How big are they running, and did you pick up any of next years fish?

Fish On kokaneekid

daveo
06-30-2011, 08:15 PM
Didnt take the time to measure bur there were several very nice fish in the bunch. As far as next years fish goes I tried to release evrything that wasnt probably at least a 12 incher. There were a considerable amount of smaller fish to deal with wich is fun but cuts into valuable fishing time. I can say from fishing both Lake Merwin and Green Peter that the smaller fish are definatlly of better quality at Lake Merwin than at Green Peter. On the other hand the bigger fish are about of the same quality in both lakes. Gotta go smoker is running!

valleygems
07-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Friday we were catching more of next year's than we were of this years...

bigbobwilliams
07-01-2011, 06:37 PM
101chromefish101signfishinCaught 6 nice ones by 11am but wind came up with a vengence and couldn't keep the boat on task and the lines in the water at the same time. All 6 13-14 inchers. 45 - 50 feet. oil from can of tuna on gg shoepeg corn. home made pink hoochies with shasta fishbone dodgers. toward the end it had slowed down so I added cannon ball flashers set rigging 5 feet above and 15 feet back. In a matter of minutes caught the fish of the day. Then that wind.....