PDA

View Full Version : Two koke reports for the Berry

jacksonman
06-29-2011, 04:27 PM
FIshed the Berry the beginning of June on the Soldier Creek side. FIshed for three hours with riggers and RMT gear between 10-30 feet. Fished around the dam and the south wall with the "Beaver Dam." Not one bite! SO we started trolling rapalas and a deep diver lucky craft to go for the bows and cutts. Sure enough, landed a koke just over 2 lbs by the dam on the deep diver lucky. Weird!! We also caught about 30 bows and one cutt (nut it was 24 inches).

Fished for kokes yesterday at the berry. Started fishing the triangle on the Strawberry side fishing 10-35 feet with RMT gear. Landed lots of bows but no kids. Moved to the narrows and then all t he way to the dam. No kokes. Just lots of 14-18 inch bows and again one cutt.

I sure wish I could figure out the kokes at the berry since it is only one hour away compared to 4 for the gorge. Is anyone having success out there on Strawberry kokes? If you are, would you like to join me in my boat, no cost?

I find it out so odd that we catch one using rapalas but can't get them to bite the normal stuff. Advice?

Petty4life
06-29-2011, 07:05 PM
ive caught some at the berry but no big numbers. im heading there friday for my sons birthday ill let you know how we do

jacksonman
07-14-2011, 06:06 PM
How did you do?