PDA

View Full Version : Glo beads

Pogue
06-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I am hoping someone can help me out. I've been looking around for a source for buying 5mm Glo beads in bulk. Does anyone know where you can find them?

Thanks in advance,
Rob

SuperD
06-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Hands down, Hagens tackle.

den63
06-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Check Cabelas

Petty4life
06-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Radical Glow

SuperD
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Check Cabelas

Radical Glow

Maybe we need to define "bulk". laugh hyst

Pogue
06-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Hagen's looks like it would work. I had been looking at getting some (2,000+) from a few manufacturers, but the minimum order is like 10,000 - but they are cheap.

DLM
06-29-2011, 10:24 AM
You can order less than the minimum on most things from Hagen's. Get their catalog, in print or download pdf, and it will explain the process there.

Kokonuts
06-29-2011, 11:19 AM
Any chance of splitting a large order?

Kokonuts

SuperD
06-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Any chance of splitting a large order?

Kokonuts
The start of Spring 2 of my buddies and I did just that. We ordered about 3,000 beads and split them up. Kokonuts, in your case, Pogue's shipping to you probably negates any gain. You might as well place an order. You can order the beads in packs of 100.

Pogue
06-29-2011, 12:46 PM
The start of Spring 2 of my buddies and I did just that. We ordered about 3,000 beads and split them up. Kokonuts, in your case, Pogue's shipping to you probably negates any gain. You might as well place an order. You can order the beads in packs of 100.

I just ordered 4,000 beads. Not too bad for cost, it's the shipping that gets ya (shipped form Canada).

1,000 beads for 5.95 x4 (min $20 order before shipping)
shipping 10.99
total 34.79

Kokonuts, hopefully I'll be able to go through these quickly, I really don't have any idea until the salmon season gets going this summer. If it looks like I'll be sitting on a bunch, I'll let you know (I don't think its all that much to ship down to Ore.)

Rob

Kokonuts
06-30-2011, 12:37 AM
I just ordered 4,000 beads. Not too bad for cost, it's the shipping that gets ya (shipped form Canada).

1,000 beads for 5.95 x4 (min $20 order before shipping)
shipping 10.99
total 34.79

Kokonuts, hopefully I'll be able to go through these quickly, I really don't have any idea until the salmon season gets going this summer. If it looks like I'll be sitting on a bunch, I'll let you know (I don't think its all that much to ship down to Ore.)

Rob

Thanks Rob, I was thinking of a couple of hundred so I guess I can order them my self.

Richard

Mudinchev
06-30-2011, 01:03 AM
I just ordered a bunch of stuff from:
jannsnetcraft.com

Seeing as how Shawn is sooooo into fishing he could start making his own lures and get creative with what ever he wants then we can go try them out and see how they do. Would be cool for him to do it all him self and actually catch fish on something he made.

Kill two birds with one stone, help fight off summertime boredom at daycare and I get a bunch of new lures to try! thumbsup

Edited for hot link content - SuperD

SuperD
06-30-2011, 09:32 AM
When ordering "glow", one must be very, very careful. All glow is not created equal. The glow life of a lot of products with "glow" on the label is just milliseconds. Quality of glow products range greatly. I would not buy in bulk until I saw what quality of glow beads I was getting. I can testify to the quality of Radical Glow and beads from Hagens, everything else, like I said, be careful.

Pogue
06-30-2011, 09:56 AM
When ordering "glow", one must be very, very careful. All glow is not created equal. The glow life of a lot of products with "glow" on the label is just milliseconds. Quality of glow products range greatly. I would not buy in bulk until I saw what quality of glow beads I was getting. I can testify to the quality of Radical Glow and beads from Hagens, everything else, like I said, be careful.

Good point, the beads I have on order supposedly glo for 15-20 min (at least thats whats advertized on the site). I guess I'll find out when I get them. By the way, for what I'm using them for, it isn't necessary for them to glo, I just thought they might as well be glo beads if I was going to use beads at all.

Rob

Mudinchev
06-30-2011, 01:07 PM

We will see how they do, I am not too worried, like I said its more of a hobby project at this point. $10 for a box......not a huge loss if they don't work very well.

SilverBullets
06-30-2011, 02:17 PM

After trying alot of different manufacturers glow beads over the years the ones that impress me the most right now for the brightest and lasting glow is the soft white oval glow beads by Owner. I've got a tackle making table that pretty much lights up at night with glow products and what stands out the most are the Owner beads hands down. The glow glue that Robbie of R&K uses on his hooks is extremely bright also... be nice to see some beads made with that stuff!thumbsup