PDA

View Full Version : Green Peter Info

dob60
06-20-2011, 11:38 PM
To all those who fish green Peter....
I am going to try Green Peter for the first time this year. I used to live in Eugene, but have recently moved to Coos Bay- so a trip to GP is an effort. I would like to camp overnight, and do not know where to do this- are there spots on the lake where I can camp from the boat? If I get there at 7PM on a friday, what's the chance a spot will be available? Are the mosquitos bad (never had a problem with them on the water at GP)
Sound like pink or white is the way to go- any one have any other thoughts?....
Have new Walker electric downriggers to try out...
Thanks!!!
dob60

Snapset
06-20-2011, 11:58 PM
There is a good campground (Whitcomb creek). There are multiple camping spots along the road as you drive by the reservoir. There are also a lot of spots to camp along the reservoir from your boat.

If you are going to jig, tie up to the boom by the dam. There will be a number of boats in the area jigging, just join the crowd. People are generally friendly and will give up lots of current information about depth and presentation. More people put bait (corn)on their jigs than you will see at Paulina or Odell

Trolling wise, the pattern for me has been the fish are at 45 feet at sunrise, then from 6-8 a.m. 55 feet and 65 feet for most of the rest of the day. Flashers and wedding rings in red, or dodgers and hoochies in UV green have been the most productive for me this spring. Most trollers head for the island. For a first timer, just follow the crowd at the island. If you get bored with that, trolling the points can be very productive.
Good luck, and let us know how you do.