PDA

View Full Version : Anderson Ranch 6-17-2011

Ken Jones
06-17-2011, 11:23 PM
Today started off good. Left Mountain home around Seven AM. Had boat into water bye 8:30. Had first fish on buy 10 netted. Hooked up again fish came off. 20 minutes later hooked another with the downrigger at forty ft, Reeled the fish in and the green horn who was trolling from my swim platform steped on the hose two my trolling motor and broke it where it attaches to the trolling motor. Had two quit fishing and leave to bye a new connection. We tried the 460 motor but it trolled too fast in the calm water. Only two fish too report. Will be going again hopefully wednesday and next friday thats if they come up with the part I need.

jimbojump
06-18-2011, 09:28 AM
Hahahaha...greenhorns...ugh...I went day before yesterday...had 3 giant pigs on....first one broke my damn snubber at the swivel...grrrr...second made boat side but greenhorn I had made several attempts to net only to bash the fish with it instead effectively knocking her free...grrr...third broke back hook off at the knot....still mananged 10 keepers but no pigs...all three appeared to be around 17-18"...so....from now on Im tying my hoochies with snell knots...maybe that will help...I think my snubber was defective as it was brand new....wind was 20 + mph most of the day so waves were bad and we just shut off the kicker and let the wind push us...still think we were a bit fast though...
PS....I was at arrowrock

Ken Jones
06-18-2011, 04:20 PM
Jimbojump, what part of Arrowrock were you fishing? Did you make it to the south fork arm? Sounds like you had some hogs on.

jimbojump
06-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Actually I did...but the fishing was better up by the North fork wash out...but the fish are scattered and unpredictable...should get better once we get to full pool...the water is up 7 feet since last weekend....

redmanjr1
06-18-2011, 11:48 PM
Fished Anderson today (first trip this season) and although we got rained out we had a good time. Left a little late, about 0645 and got the boat in the water about 0815. Headed out straight across from the launch and then left toward Lime Creek area. Lost 2 right away then my daughter got one in the boat. The bite seemed to slack off so we decided to head back the other way toward the Pine Resort. Hit a hot spot and boated 6 (probably lost about 8) in about 30 minutes and then the bite died. Headed back toward Lime Creek to see if any thing was going on and decided to hit the shore and let the dogs run around and go to the bathroom. Back in the boat and 20 minutes later the weather started in. Wind, Rain, then okay then wind and rain again so said the heck with it. Can't wait to hit it again but probably won't make it out until the 4th of July. No schools today except a nice one across from Lime Creek in about 60 - 80 feet of water. Tried fishing those but not one bite. All fish we caught were between 17 - 22 feet. Nothing big, two at about 14" and the rest about 12". Posted some pics of the dogs doing their part in trying to help find the fish.

Laters,
Bob

Busspass
06-19-2011, 04:17 AM
Went up last thurs and fri. we hammered um. was a good time. Good sized fish too:) And SUPER red/pink eat. Very tasty! Watermelon hoochie and pink dodger at about 15' was the ticket for us.

jimbojump
06-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Thats how to do it Busspass! Way to go!

Sturgeonator
06-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Fished yesterday afternoon from 12:30 to about 6. Went 11 for13 with a couple of other drive bys. Not bad for a rainy afternoon. All smoked up and in the freezer.

Ken Jones
06-20-2011, 09:33 PM
Sounds like there wasn't much going on at Aderson Ranch. Okay those of you that are thinking about going too Magic Res. there catching hogs. I have been hearing 5lb. trout up to 18lb. fish being caught. These guys are trolling around the dam. Orange and white Rapala has been the hot lure. I'm just passing on too what I have heard from two different partys. I'm going too Arrowrock dam tomorrow. Will have a report tuesday night, good or bad. Watch out Squawfish I'm a coming. Later guys and gals. http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk189/kljo2109/Kokanee009.jpg 101chromefish101

Bottombouncer
06-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Haven't been to Anderson for several years, use to be an annual trip for the wife and I. Would like to try it again this summer. Where does a person pick up the muscle shell insp. permit, something that is new since we last fished there, any info would be appreciated. Is the limit still 25 kokes at Anderson or has that changed, thanks for the info.

redmanjr1
06-20-2011, 11:18 PM
The inspection permit is now charged as part of your boat registration. No more seperate sticker. If you have a current boat registration sticker then you are covered.

Bob

redmanjr1
06-20-2011, 11:20 PM
Looks like a nice haul there Ken. Good luck tomorrow...looking forward to hearing all about it.

Bob

Lunddude
06-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Haven't been to Anderson for several years, use to be an annual trip for the wife and I. Would like to try it again this summer. Where does a person pick up the muscle shell insp. permit, something that is new since we last fished there, any info would be appreciated. Is the limit still 25 kokes at Anderson or has that changed, thanks for the info.

Yes, 25 is the dailey limit with 50 in possession. I see your from Utah, looks like you can order your stckers here http://parksandrecreation.idaho.gov/stickerpurchase.aspx

redmanjr1
06-21-2011, 12:36 AM
Oops...sorry bottombouncer. Didn't even look at your home state and made a bad assumption you were from Idaho. Lunddude, thanks for keeping me straight.

Bob

Bottombouncer
06-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks for the help guys, I use to be a resident of Idaho, resident of MT. Home for 16 years and the little lady is from Grandview. Retired A.F. Started fishing Anderson back in 1966 as MT. Home was my first duty station. We are both employed at Hill AFB and like to make at least one out of state trip fishing each year. We love to catch and eat the Kokanee so Anderson is one of the lakes we like to fish. We are looking at July 22nd to the 25th.

redmanjr1
06-21-2011, 10:50 PM
Bottombouncer,
I'm still stationed at MHAFB. I imagine things have changed some since you worked here...then again, probably alot of the same as well. Hope you have a good trip to Anderson. Maybe we'll see you up there.

Bob