PDA

View Full Version : Non ethanol gas locations?

Mudinchev
06-17-2011, 02:43 PM
I read a couple of threads about the subject and was wondering if this would be a good place to make a "sticky" thread where people could post the locations that they know of that sell non ethanol gas? So far I know of 2 in my area. There is a Spirit station in Kalama their premium is E-free and Pacific Pride on Industrial Way in Longview pump # 9 has E-free regular. I was just thinking it might be helpful to those traveling out side their normal areas. Or maybe there are more options in your own area that you are not aware of.

OK I just realized this is in the General forum, not in the state specific forum maybe there would be a better location for this thread?

Metal Manipulator
06-17-2011, 03:49 PM
Ethanol is one of the worst things that this country has perpatrated on it's citizens costing us billions of dollars.

I no longer run ethanol in any of my equipment and even though it costs me more money at least I do not have to repair my ezuipment every time I go to use it.

In Salem Or. I go to Mark Nelson Oil products on 1977 Claxter Rd NE.

SilverBullets
06-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Here's a web-site showing ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S and Canada. If you know of one that's not on the list please share it's location.
http://pure-gas.org/

DLM
06-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Ethanol is one of the worst things that this country has perpatrated on it's citizens costing us billions of dollars.

I no longer run ethanol in any of my equipment and even though it costs me more money at least I do not have to repair my ezuipment every time I go to use it.

In Salem Or. I go to Mark Nelson Oil products on 1977 Claxter Rd NE.

Is that a pacific pride card lock or can you purchase at the pump.

Mudinchev
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Here's a web-site showing ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S and Canada. If you know of one that's not on the list please share it's location.

Both places that I listed are in that listing, however DLM brought up a good point, the Pacific Pride I listed is a card lock station, you have to be there during normal business hours to get fuel. One other thing to point out, all of their pumps except 1 have ethanol so you still need to be careful just because the location is listed as E-free doesn't mean all of their fuel is. Pay attention to what is written on the pump itself! If it does not specifically state that it is E-free it probably is not.

DLM
06-17-2011, 06:29 PM
The gas station/Grocery/sporting goods store in Crescent Lake, right where you turn to go to the lake, also has non-alcohol gas. The are listed on the website mentioned below.

redmanjr1
06-17-2011, 11:02 PM
The Sinclair (Stinker) station in Mountain Home, ID is ethanol free.

UPDATE: No longer...they run ethanol now.

Mudinchev
06-19-2011, 07:12 PM
Some one had asked in another thread if Chelatchie Prairie near Amboy Wa still sold E-free gas and according to their pumps the do. I stopped in there today on my way back from the lake.

Metal Manipulator
06-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Is that a pacific pride card lock or can you purchase at the pump.

You do not have to have the card. They E0 110, E0 92, E0 87. Just go to the office and they will call on some one to come and fill your tanks.

smokin' Kokes
01-04-2012, 07:30 AM
most lake and river marina fuel station have real gas non ethanol, posted or ask. same for the coastal port marina fueling stations.
has higher energy content that the corn liquor garbage.

I get better boat fuel mileage with the real stuff.

plan my long distance trips for boat fill up near the destination by the pure-gas.org site especially if there is no marina fueling station on the lake/river.

most fuel distributors are set up on site for small real gas fuel sales, may have to open an account. Vancouver Fuel is the one I use locally. fast turnover on fuel. get my boat gas and truck diesel on same stop.

all pipe line gas is non ethanol, they have to add the booze at the tanker fill rack because of ethanol volatility and incompatibility with pipe lines.

get ready for the stronger smell.

koknewb
01-04-2012, 02:11 PM
I'm pretty sure (know for sure the Nampa location) the KJ's Kick 66 stations listed in Idaho just recently switched and are now selling ethonal fuel. Had been all non-eth up to now, but heard that there supplier could no longer get the non-eth. Noticed also that they have removed all there non eth stickers and removed it from there sign also. So I now have to find another location to fill up the boat, sure was nice having a station 2 miles from the house.

rods58
01-18-2012, 02:46 PM
If you are in Oregon the Oregon state marine board site has a listing for locations, I am not sure how up to date it is, I think that most of the card lock locations have Clear because of the loggers and landscapers,

good fishing

here is the link

http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/news/E10.shtml
http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/news/docs/EthanolList.pdf

ImHooked
03-11-2012, 11:23 PM
A number of the CFN and Pacific Pride cardlocks in Oregon have non ethanol in premium and regular.

Torres
03-18-2012, 10:56 PM
Normally I do my research before asking but here it goes, does anyone know of an additive you can buy at a parts store or supermarket that would offset the negative effects of ethanol.

Would Sta Bil do the trick?

From what you gents are saying here is that it sounds like the only way to go is non ethanol period.

Any thoughts on this??

Lund troller
06-24-2012, 10:32 AM
There is a new gas station on hwy 99 near Jerrys home improvement in Eugene Oregon I think it is a Chevron station they have non ethanol gas. Wilco store in Tanget Oregon has a good price for non ethanol.The 76 stations in Corvallis,and Philomath Oregon have non ethanol gas.Pass the word around that reg ethanol is no freaking good for anything but your vehicle and I'm not really sure it is any good for them either?

fairweatherman
06-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Normally I do my research before asking but here it goes, does anyone know of an additive you can buy at a parts store or supermarket that would offset the negative effects of ethanol.

From what you gents are saying here is that it sounds like the only way to go is non ethanol period.

Any thoughts on this??

Ive had bad luck with stabil I use startron by (Starbrite) its a non oil base additiive that work well for me you can get it at walmart and kmart

REM
07-05-2012, 07:02 PM
Coming up 228 from I 5 going to Sweethome you have 2 choices 1 in Brownsville across from the Chevron. There was a 76 station in Sweethome on the northside of hwy 20 that just went independent and now haas clear gas as of last week. You can also find it at the Lebanon airport they are nice folks who open the gates around 6 am

Bduck
07-07-2012, 10:34 AM
I used this site before and found an EXXON station 2mi from me that use to carry non-ethanol gas. Then all of a sudden there was a sticker on the pump that said contains 10% ethanol. And now the station is not listed anymore on the non-ethanol listings. How much longer is it going to be before this listing goes totally under? 101smily101 :confused:

D-Weed
07-08-2012, 06:17 AM
For those of you looking for non-ethanol fuel in wyoming, the sinclair station at the west end of town in Green River has it, I buy all my fuel there for the boat and my truck.

rods58
07-08-2012, 11:30 AM
I put an app on my Iphone called PURE GAS, it does not list the price though and does not say whether or not it is a card lock, between that and GAS BUDDY, I can usually find the good stuff for my boat and small engines

Paul S.
09-30-2012, 09:51 AM
When using the ethanol gas in any of my two stroke engines I richen the gas-oil mix to 4 oz per gallon plus adding an ounce or so of marine grade Stabil. No problems with any of the chain saws, weed beater or outboard. Even with the non ethanol gas I go with about 3 1/2 oz/gallon plus the Stabil.

ricker
03-12-2013, 12:25 PM
all I can say is I use Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment check it out http://mystarbrite.com/startron/ this stuff works

kokanee_slayer
03-14-2013, 11:23 AM
all I can say is I use Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment check it out http://mystarbrite.com/startron/ this stuff works I use this additive as well and have had no fuel related issues.

Bduck
03-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment. Been using it for 6yrs now with no issues. Now found a descent station nearby that sells non-ethanol gas.

Torres
03-23-2013, 07:55 PM
FYI...

Did some research and talked to some technicians. The consensus was that there is no need to use non ethanol gas if you are adding 2 or 4 stroke oil or an additive such as stabil to your fuel because the additives help keep water from evaporating from the fuel (the main issue with outboards as the evaporated water corrodes and fouls today's complex intake systems). My 2 cents worth.

I use Amzoil's 2 stroke synthetic outboard additive to my fuel for my 10 horse Merc. and have had no issues with it so far. I haven't taken the outboard out this season yet but I don't expect to have any issues since I ran all the fuel out of it before storing it for the winter.
Stay tuned...

Kokaholic
03-24-2013, 11:33 PM
For those of us in northern Utah, there are two locations that I am aware of, one is a small little station across the street and south of Cal Ranch in Farr west, they take a credit card and I think is a 24 hour place, no attendants.

The other is at the old car kwik at 7th street and Washington Blvd in Ogden.

Bduck
03-25-2013, 02:33 PM
Kokaholic; The other is at the old car kwik at 7th street and Washington Blvd in Ogden.

That's good to know Mark. I usually go to the one across from Cal Ranch. Both locations are not far from me. There is also 2 more in Logan at a Sinclair station, 1070W 200N and at 1436N 1200E, Phillips 66.

KokeRook
03-16-2014, 09:00 PM
Filled up my little boat and a spare 5gal can at a little store close to my home in Gig Harbor WA.

Island View Store on Ray Nash Drive. Filled up on Friday and the price was not too bad for a little store with PURE gas....$3.87
very nice and historic little store. Spoke with the owner and he is committed to providing PURE gas.

I still added a bit of star brite to the fuel to clean out any varnish...but more so if I have to store it for a while in the can I filled. Can't hurt..and it's cheap insurance.

My older Honda outboard LOVED it..ran smooth and strong.

I'm sure it's been posted before but here is the website that lists all the stations for US and Canada. (this is where I found my local spot)

snakeriverfisher
03-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Cennex in Nyssa Oregon

KokeRook
04-09-2014, 03:23 PM
NEW Non Ethanol station (Pump) in Fife WA. (Right by where I work thumbsup)

APP fueling site
Across the street from:
2511 70th Ave E
Fife, WA 98424

carlz
06-10-2014, 05:22 PM
Way Side Gas in Battle Ground WA carries non ethanol gas

TheLastViking
08-09-2014, 05:53 AM
I know of three places in the upper Idaho panhandle.

Sandpoint: Co-op Country Store. Head north out of town to Ponderay, take the first right after the intersection. If you stayed on US95, first right after the overpass.

Bonners Ferry: Dyck's Exxon, on the northbound side of Main St. on the south hill, right at the only stoplight in town. Ethanol-free gas is in a separate pump that requires a fuel card or cash paid inside. Been a few years since I've bought fuel there, may have changed. Also has towing and full service shop. Major repairs, AC, tires, simple maintenance, and exhaust. My preferred shop for things too complicated for me, such as pulling the dash, or welding that doesn't look like it was done by a blindfolded ape.

South Hill Chevron (formally Liberty Fuel), on the southbound side of Main St., one of the first businesses you see when you reach the top of the hill heading south. All premium is ethanol-free. A favorite place for Canadians to fuel up their boats en-route to the three big lakes. Great junk food from the hot case and best beer selection/prices in town too! Full walk-in beer cooler. Single bay repair shop, independent of station owner (he just leases the garage to a local mechanic).

Bduck
08-09-2014, 08:25 AM
For those of us in northern Utah, there are two locations that I am aware of, one is a small little station across the street and south of Cal Ranch in Farr west, they take a credit card and I think is a 24 hour place, no attendants.

The other is at the old car kwik at 7th street and Washington Blvd in Ogden.

Update-The small station across from Cal-Ranch is CFN. Since the Maverik station on 2700N exit 349 from I-15 Farr West City has been rebuilt is now carrying non-ethanol gas at pumps behind store.

LesB
04-17-2015, 02:46 PM

Any thoughts on this??

I will try to be brief but there is a lot of misinformation out there. All Gas begins to breakdown the minute it leaves the refinery, it has nothing to do with ethanol which is not added until just before it is delivered to the service station. Additives only help preserve the "freshness" of the fuel. They have virtually no affect on ethanol in the fuel; some even contain more alcohol. They will not fix gas including E-10 gas that has gone bad....either by being too old or contaminated with TOO MUCH water (water and E-10 is another story that needs explaining another time). I highly recommend using a stabilizer in all gas. I also do not recommend storing any gas more than about 6 months....with extra stabilizer maybe a year.
Next, E10 has some problems but it is not bad for engines with the "possible" exception that it could interfere with 2 cycle oil and that is why most small 2 cycle motor mfgs. (chain saw size) recommend not using it.
There is a whole lot more info I could provide but for this thread lets just say fresh E10 with a stabilizer does no harm to engines and using E-0 is not necessary. I don't like it for a bunch of other reasons but it is OK to use in your boat. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I believe most of them have a limited understanding of the whole situation.
And No I don't work for the oil or alcohol companies. LOL

Wyo307
03-28-2016, 05:56 PM
For those coming through Pinedale Wyoming the Conoco Philips 66 on the west end of town has non ethenol premium fuel. That is where I get all of my fuel for my small engines, atv's, boats, ect.

jekern1015
02-18-2017, 12:54 PM
6135 s. 5600 west in Kearns UT (SLC). The name of the station is Murphy Express, looks like non ethanol fuel is available at all pumps. Glad to see a station close by for a change.

Bduck
02-19-2017, 11:43 AM
More & more stations here in northern Utah are selling non-ethanol gas. I've seen a few new Maverik stations recently built that now has dedicated tanks for non-ethanol. Its gotten to almost the situation you don't have to go look for one anymore but will run across one as you head out to your destination. 101ok101

mrmike
02-19-2017, 12:59 PM
I was lead to believe that ethanol also effect your rubber hoses etc.on and in your motors Over time. I do use an additive also, only use non ethanol fuel it's more per gallon, but the higher octane give me better mileage. I have had my sled for almost 10 years. I like to stay with things that work for me so far so good,but I keep my fingers crossed.

kokaguy1
02-27-2017, 10:28 PM
Your fuel lines will begin to delaminate over time, plugging screens and filters. I think the best way around all these fuel issues is to just go back to using 6 gal tanks which forces you to always have fresh fuel for your motors. My boat for example has a 37 gal tank, that's ridiculous I never need that much fuel yet they tell you to fill your tanks all the way up before you store them for the winter....that's great except that it takes me 3 months or better to burn through much of it, heck by that time the fuel is 9 months old. no wonder I just spent $1700 on repairs. And yes, I do use non-ethanol fuel and stable.

SuperD
02-28-2017, 11:08 AM
Ethanol affecting fuel lines is a somewhat old story. It was primarily a problem when ethanol was first being used. Fuel line makers have since started making ethanol resistant lines.

Williep99
02-28-2017, 01:07 PM
I've had to replace my lines and bulbs every other year. I've done it myself as well as had 2 boat shops do it. Every time I've had the hose interior cracked and breaking apart. The first time I had it done they were planning on a bunch of repair work to fix my motor that would stall after leaving the launch. Cut those lines open and they looked like sphagetti inside. My boat being an outboard has the lines exposed and maybe that increases the problem. Either way I just change them on schedule now.

Bill

Bduck
02-28-2017, 04:04 PM
Here is a little something to consider also with ethanol fuel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeCyFxoWPpo

kokaguy1
03-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Fuel lines are only part of the problem, the constant accumulation of water in the fuel is terrible for engine components and performance. That said, I totally get why "some" fishermen need larger fuel tanks if they have large engines and are going off shore and/or making long runs to fishing grounds, but for the "average" person any fuel tank larger than about 12 gallons is just too big. In my opinion, manufactures need to take a hard look at the size of fuel tanks they are putting in boats, understanding that the "average" person might use their boat 6 months out of the year (and that's being generous). The rest of the time it sits on the side of the house, in a garage etc. I've stopped using stabile and have gone to using star tron hope I get better results.

Cybersnow
12-06-2018, 10:51 AM
I used to have a lot of issues with starting motors in the Spring using ethanol gas. Switched 2 years ago to non ethanol and the problems went away. We have three stations in McCall ID that sell non ethanol.

kokaguy1
12-07-2018, 12:56 PM
paid $4.99 a gallon yesterday for the good stuff here in Vancouver....ouch! but better to have motors running then sitting in the shop getting repaired come April

SuperD
12-07-2018, 02:05 PM
paid $4.99 a gallon yesterday for the good stuff here in Vancouver....ouch! but better to have motors running then sitting in the shop getting repaired come April
Canada gas is too confusing between their measurement system and dollar conversion.

Bduck
12-07-2018, 07:50 PM
Our area in Utah now has many non ethanol stations. I haven't been able to find anything above 88 octane rating. I can find 91 octane in places in Idaho.

nofish
12-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Rodger, My nephew was saying that the station across from the Cal Ranch has 91 octane? I questioned him and asked if he was sure and he said, yep I run it in my sleds and bikes.

I have not been by to check it for my self?

Bduck
12-09-2018, 10:02 AM
Rodger, My nephew was saying that the station across from the Cal Ranch has 91 octane? I questioned him and asked if he was sure and he said, yep I run it in my sleds and bikes.

I have not been by to check it for my self?

Thanks Aaron, That good to know. I use to gas up there but remember it as 88 octane and before all of the other stations started going in. Time to go back

gorgehunter
01-09-2019, 03:03 PM
Here are all of the locations in one handy spot you can pull up by state https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=UT